The Student Room Group

Uni offer changed

Hi everyone
I’ve been offered a conditional place at the uni I really want to go to however they’ve offered a place on a different course. I believe it’s because I didn’t meet the entry requirements for my applied course. Is there any way to get it changed back? Will I have to go though clearing if I do meet the requirements?
Thanks in advance
Original post by GC54CT
Hi everyone
I’ve been offered a conditional place at the uni I really want to go to however they’ve offered a place on a different course. I believe it’s because I didn’t meet the entry requirements for my applied course. Is there any way to get it changed back? Will I have to go though clearing if I do meet the requirements?
Thanks in advance

Is the offer for a foundation year or something vaguely related to the original course? e.g. Business with a language where you applied for just Business?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One

Is the offer for a foundation year or something vaguely related to the original course? e.g. Business with a language where you applied for just Business?

It’s a related course - I initially applied for modern languages and I’ve now been offered French studies instead. Thank you for replying 😊
Original post by GC54CT
It’s a related course - I initially applied for modern languages and I’ve now been offered French studies instead. Thank you for replying 😊

No worries. In that case it is worth contacting the academic department to check whether they might consider you for the original course if your final grades are decent. In some cases this is done automatically, (without going through clearing), but it's best to know now whether it's even a possibility.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One

No worries. In that case it is worth contacting the academic department to check whether they might consider you for the original course if your final grades are decent. In some cases this is done automatically, (without going through clearing), but it's best to know now whether it's even a possibility.

Okay perfect thank you for your help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending