The Student Room Group

Should I email a university regarding my application?

Hi, so I know that universities have until may to get back to you about your application, but I've heard from 4/5 of my options and I'm just waiting on the Uni of York to get back to me and that's my first choice. I was just wondering if it would be wise to email admissions to check on my application or should I just be patient and wait it out? it's been nearly 2 months 😅
Original post by itsmyakershaw
Hi, so I know that universities have until may to get back to you about your application, but I've heard from 4/5 of my options and I'm just waiting on the Uni of York to get back to me and that's my first choice. I was just wondering if it would be wise to email admissions to check on my application or should I just be patient and wait it out? it's been nearly 2 months 😅
Hi there @itsmyakershaw - firstly, it's great that you have heard back from 4/5 of your choices!

Usually I'd say processing can take around 6 weeks for applications - at least for us!

If UoY need further information, or have received a large volume of applications since January, then that might account for it taking a bit longer to get back to you :biggrin:

If you would like to, as it might help put you at ease, you can contact their Admissions Team just to confirm at what stage your application is within their processes. They might also be able to advise a rough timeframe, depending on their usual turnaround, also:smartass:

I hope this helps and all the best!:jive:

-Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi there @itsmyakershaw - firstly, it's great that you have heard back from 4/5 of your choices!

Usually I'd say processing can take around 6 weeks for applications - at least for us!

If UoY need further information, or have received a large volume of applications since January, then that might account for it taking a bit longer to get back to you :biggrin:

If you would like to, as it might help put you at ease, you can contact their Admissions Team just to confirm at what stage your application is within their processes. They might also be able to advise a rough timeframe, depending on their usual turnaround, also:smartass:

I hope this helps and all the best!:jive:

-Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
Thank you for your response! I'm going to try contacting them now :biggrin:
Original post by itsmyakershaw
Hello,

Congratulations on all your offers.

I would say there is no harm in emailing but they may not get back to you any quicker through email as the admission teams at universities tend to have a large volume of emails coming through at this time. So it might be quicker to wait for a response through UCAS as sometimes the application process can be held up by academics looking at the applications.

Katie - YSJ Student Ambassador
If you’re still waiting for an offer:

1 Check if you have ever had an email through from them.
2 if you haven’t and you used a personal email address for your application check your junk/spam folders
3 if you haven’t and you used a school/college email for your application then ring up and ask if they have sent any emails that have been blocked by your school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending