The Student Room Group

How to make oia appeal

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cacia.Liu
You are also be very proud and different about my case, trying to give me a belt, and I can't help to suspect that you might be the staff of my school, maybe the Student Union. I have said my condition clearly on my first post, if you still think I am obtuse, that means you do not pay enough attention.
By the way, it is super funny that the school believe students should know each rules in the school at the start of their study while they have enough tolerance with tutors' ignorance about the rules.
I work for a top ten institution in the north of the country, much further west than Sheffield, and I am in philosophy/economics, not maths. I am an academic and not an SU employee. I work with undergraduates, not postgraduates (unless I'm teaching them) and this accusation is in fact offensive. My reputation is unblemished in over 10 years of higher education.

You clearly want to whinge rather than get actionable advice so I shall leave you to it. Best of luck.
(edited 1 month ago)
A spectacular example how not to get advice from the person most qualified on all of TSR to give it in this circumstance.
Reply 22
Original post by Admit-One
A spectacular example how not to get advice from the person most qualified on all of TSR to give it in this circumstance.
A spectacular example how to ask someone needs help to quit with proud and different attitude, and actually could not do anything.
A spectacular example how to ask someone needs help to quit with proud and different attitude, and actually could not do anything.

Much like your previous comments I’ve no idea what you are trying to say here. I can only assume that the thread was for you to have a rant about your circumstances, so I hope it helped in that regard.
Reply 24
Original post by Admit-One
Much like your previous comments I’ve no idea what you are trying to say here. I can only assume that the thread was for you to have a rant about your circumstances, so I hope it helped in that regard.
I mean got nothing useful right here, just a branch of people asking me to give and telling me how unregretful I am not taking their advice, and held contempt and impatience while I trying to explain my needs.
Reply 25
I mean got nothing useful right here, just a branch of people asking me to give and telling me how unregretful I am not taking their advice, and held contempt and impatience while I trying to explain my needs.
No, you have a HE professional, for whom this stuff is their day-to-day bread and butter, asking you some very simple questions which you chose to answer with obtuse snark rather than good-faith clarity.

You then accused me of being a staff member at your institution who is effectively looking to sabotage you.

We all understand that this is a disappointment to you, but it's not our fault, and, indeed, it looks as though it is your own fault.

So, if you have already repeated the year, and have still failed, and then failed the resit too, the simple fact is that unless there are significant mitigating circumstances, withdrawal is the only option. This is both fair and legal, and in terms of procedure, it is standard at just about every university in the country.

You do not get unlimited chances to pass.

You say you want to appeal, but despite repeated requests for clarification on the details - all of which are crucial to any appeal - you decline to provide further context.

On the basis of what is in this thread, you have simply failed and must bear the consequences. It is nobody's fault but your own.

If there is missing context which might shed new light on any of this, I once again invite you to share it. Unless there is or until you do, nobody here can offer any workable advice.

Your attitude is frankly astounding. We do this for free, in our spare time, to give students accurate advice, whether they really want to hear it or not. The reason you 'have got nothing useful' is because on the basis of the information provided, you have no case for an appeal. Get a grip.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by gjd800
No, you have a HE professional, for whom this stuff is their day-to-day bread and butter, asking you some very simple questions which you chose to answer with obtuse snark rather than good-faith clarity.
You then accused me of being a staff member at your institution who is effectovely looking to sabotage you.
We all understand that this is a disappointment to you, but it's not our fault, and, indeed, it looks as though it is your own fault.
So, if you have already repeated the year, and have still failed, and then failed the resit too, the simple fact is that unless there are significant mitigating circumstances, withdrawal is the only option. This is both fair and legal, and in terms of procesire, it is standard at just about every university in the country.
You say you want to appeal, but despite repeated requests for clarification on the details - all of which are crucial to any appeal - you decline to provide further context.
On the basis of what is in this thread, you have simply failed and must bear the consequences. It is nobody's fault but your own.

I agree with this, all of us are struggling to figure out what OP meant. Thanks for being professional and trying to help, your efforts are commendable.
Original post by gjd800

You then accused me of being a staff member at your institution who is effectovely looking to sabotage you.

So, if you have already repeated the year, and have still failed, and then failed the resit too, the simple fact is that unless there are significant mitigating circumstances, withdrawal is the only option. This is both fair and legal, and in terms of procedure, it is standard at just about every university in the country.

If there is missing context which might shed new light on any if this, I once again invite you to share it. Unless there is or until you do, nobody here can offer any workable advice.

Your attitude is frankly astounding. We do this for free, in our spare time, to give students accurate advice, whether they really want to hear it or not. The reason you 'have got nothing useful' is because on the basis of the information provided, you have no case for an appeal. Get a grip.

PRSOM
Reply 28
Original post by ImmortalSnail20
I agree with this, all of us are struggling to figure out what OP meant. Thanks for being professional and trying to help, your efforts are commendable.
Thank you.

I do not mean to run down the OP, and, looking back, I think I was clear and patient with my initial line of questioning.

To be faced with the sorts of replies demonstrated herein is frustrating. I only asked questions at all because my intention was to aid OP in their initial request.

It is what it is.
Reply 29
Original post by gjd800
Thank you.
I do not mean to run down the OP, and, looking back, I think I was clear and patient with my initial line of questioning.
To be faced with the sorts of replies demonstrated herein is frustrating. I only asked questions at all because my intention was to aid OP in their initial request.
It is what it is.
Maybe your initial aim is on my benefit, but the result might be despair, I have gone through so many times that my hope is extinguished just after being light up during the last year. I am sorry, if I say something offensive, that was not what I really meant to do. The links between my neuron and white matter in my brain are cut off by the crush that someone I love deeply despite me, since then, I am more easily feel like everyone trashing me, please forgive me.
The mathematical master degree means a lot to me, if your final conclusion is still hopeless, just do not reply to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending