The Student Room Group

Work experience emails

I'm so lost on emails... For reference, I literally sent the first email of my life last week for the purpose of finding work experience and I think I did a good job sending an initial email to one or two places, expressing interest in some work experience there. One of the emails didn't go through, but the other responded quote quickly and told me they'd be glad to have me, along with some additional information. My issue is that I don't know how to respond, I drafted a response of course, but there's still so much I want to say. I don't just want to say thank you for this opportunity, I'll get that second form back to you soon, probably this weekend. I want to say those things, yes, but I also want to mention the form I need them to fill in half of to submit to my school AND ask about their rules on appropriate footwear. They mention trainers are okay, shoes with toes out aren't okay, but where does a comfy pair of heels fall in these boundaries?? Some tips on how to write this email while still being polite and professional as possible would be such a big help... 😓
Reply 1
Hiya, out of interest what type of work experience did you apply for? I remember how scary it was sending those first emails and here I am now, having had a good 15 placements at various vets. If you can, get a family member to read over what you have written, or if you want I would be more than happy to read over and give any suggestions if you dm me or something- insta/email? up to you 😀 To be honest, unless its a pretty safe office environment, they will probably say no to heels, sorry..
Reply 2
Original post by HBeetle
Hiya, out of interest what type of work experience did you apply for? I remember how scary it was sending those first emails and here I am now, having had a good 15 placements at various vets. If you can, get a family member to read over what you have written, or if you want I would be more than happy to read over and give any suggestions if you dm me or something- insta/email? up to you 😀 To be honest, unless its a pretty safe office environment, they will probably say no to heels, sorry..

I applied for a local library in my area! I had a close friend's mum read over my email, and she suggested some changes, which were super helpful. I'm still super nervous about my whole approach to it though, how polite is too polite, haha?
Original post by jdrake108
I'm so lost on emails... For reference, I literally sent the first email of my life last week for the purpose of finding work experience and I think I did a good job sending an initial email to one or two places, expressing interest in some work experience there. One of the emails didn't go through, but the other responded quote quickly and told me they'd be glad to have me, along with some additional information. My issue is that I don't know how to respond, I drafted a response of course, but there's still so much I want to say. I don't just want to say thank you for this opportunity, I'll get that second form back to you soon, probably this weekend. I want to say those things, yes, but I also want to mention the form I need them to fill in half of to submit to my school AND ask about their rules on appropriate footwear. They mention trainers are okay, shoes with toes out aren't okay, but where does a comfy pair of heels fall in these boundaries?? Some tips on how to write this email while still being polite and professional as possible would be such a big help... 😓

i always love a good comfy pair of heels x go for it babes!!
Reply 4
Original post by jdrake108
I applied for a local library in my area! I had a close friend's mum read over my email, and she suggested some changes, which were super helpful. I'm still super nervous about my whole approach to it though, how polite is too polite, haha?

That's great! Honestly you just need to be polite enough and showing interest, and a bit formal is sensible. If they don't reply in the next few days, it would be worth giving them a ring to check it hasn't gone to spam 😆
Reply 5
Original post by HBeetle
That's great! Honestly you just need to be polite enough and showing interest, and a bit formal is sensible. If they don't reply in the next few days, it would be worth giving them a ring to check it hasn't gone to spam 😆

Got it, thankyou very much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending