The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One of them (Rachxl or Jelly) neg repped me. 'You don't tell me where I can or can't post'.

Erm...I just did...
Reply 61
I got neg repped too. No comment. I apologised and everything! :'(
I'm not one to care about neg rep...but usually the type of person who gives it out is the type of person who would care about being neg repped back. So if I work out who it was, I'll neg rep them back. HARD.
Reply 63
Get over it already. Neither of these two posters has much "rep" so it can't have hurt you THAT much...

If it was actually someone with any power who 'neg repped' you, well, you deserved it, you sound like a couple of rude and immature -insert the word that was edited out of your post here-.
llys
Get over it already. Neither of these two posters has much "rep" so it can't have hurt you THAT much...

If it was actually someone with any power who 'neg repped' you, well, you deserved it, you sound like a couple of rude and immature -insert the word that was edited out of your post here-.

No, I don't think it did hurt me in terms of rep. I wouldn't care if it did, though, as (believe it or not) I don't care what someone on the internet says to me...especially someone who comes into Oxbridge threads when they're not from Oxbridge and makes some irrelevant comment just to increase their post count.

It just annoyed me because they were clearly in the wrong to post such an irrelevant comment, and instead of apologising they decided to neg rep me for pointing it out. They'll probably never learn and still come in here to post crap. It gets on my nerves as although everyone has the right to post in the Oxbridge forum (regardless of whether or not they actually go to Oxbridge), we get people coming in here posting complete rubbish. 'My friend's cousin's friend got rejected from Cambridge because he went to a comprehensive' etc. I don't go into other university forums and pretend to know what I'm going on about so I don't think they should either. All I ask is that before clicking on a thread, you a) check the forum it is in and b) actually look at what the OP is asking before writing something completely irrelevant and stupid. Not hard really, is it?

I don't care if you think it looks rude and immature-- it annoys me when people don't bother to read before posting, especially when they don't know what the hell they're talking about.
Reply 65
Alright, fair enough explanation. You get annoyed at people posting in the wrong place. I get annoyed at witch hunts, so I just thought I'd say what I think.

So much annoy-ance, maybe we should just all have some hot chocolate. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending