The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SciFi25
Could be depression mate. Go see ur GP get some Prozac!! :biggrin:

No, i'd know it if it was depression. This certainly isn't.
Iluvatar
No, i'd know it if it was depression. This certainly isn't.

You just need to have someone tell you that you are not repulsive enough times and then you will actually start believing them.
Reply 42
wiwarin_mir
You just need to have someone tell you that you are not repulsive enough times and then you will actually start believing them.

mmm, takes a long time, my gf is trying that with me. Trust me Prozac works quicker, even with the 2 week lead in you need.
Reply 43
wiwarin_mir

:rolleyes: it doesnt work
wiwarin_mir

I doubt that, because i'll believe that thats what they see, but not what i see, so i don't see how it would change how i see myself.
SciFi25
mmm, takes a long time, my gf is trying that with me. Trust me Prozac works quicker, even with the 2 week lead in you need.

:mad: :mad: :mad: I do not want to take drugs for it :mad: :mad: :mad:
Reply 46
Iluvatar
I doubt that, because i'll believe that thats what they see, but not what i see, so i don't see how it would change how i see myself.

By saying it to yourself when looking in a mirror? Apparently if you do it enough and often enough it really does work. I'm still skeptical though.
Iluvatar

I used to think I was a repulsive gargoyle that no-one in their right mind would ever find attractive, but various girls have said that I am not repulsive, in fact quite ok looking (even good looking on occassion) and I began to see that even if I think I am repulsive, these girls don't, therefore I must be wrong since there were too many girls for them all to be blind.
Reply 48
Iluvatar
:mad: :mad: :mad: I do not want to take drugs for it :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dont then, I was only trying to help. :frown:
wiwarin_mir
I used to think I was a repulsive gargoyle that no-one in their right mind would ever find attractive, but various girls have said that I am not repulsive, in fact quite ok looking (even good looking on occassion) and I began to see that even if I think I am repulsive, these girls don't, therefore I must be wrong since there were too many girls for them all to be blind.

It isn't just about my appearence though, and so many people have reacted to me in general really negatively, i think that i must be right, because so many other people seem to see it too.
SciFi25
Dont then, I was only trying to help. :frown:

Sorry... i just really hate the idea of taking drugs for stuff, thats all...
Reply 51
I think you have to try and pin-point why you're feeling like this. Particularly how you feel about yourself as a person.....
Can you give an example of what you have done or thought that would constitute you being classed as 'evil'?
What is about your personality that you don't like?

After having done this, I then want you to think about all the good things you do for people, and all the parts of your personality that you do like. Then concentrate on these! Throw away the piece of paper with the negative things written on them - I can't really see that there should be anything written on them to be honest.... Allbeit, I don't know you, but my impression of you on here, is that you're a nice guy, who helps people. Besides, remember that no one is perfect, and while I'd be very very surprised if you could come up with something that people would perceive to be 'evil', everyone will have (at some point) thought about things that aren't 'nice'. This doesn't mean you're evil! No one can be completely selfless 100% of the time, and if you were, you'd be being harsh to yourself.

I really want you to try hard to see the good in yourself, which is most definitely there - everyone else sees it. Trust us.
Reply 52
Iluvatar
How do you deal with problems in your own self image?
I need to change the way i see myself, to something realistic rather than my automatic self loathing i always seem to think.
I need to find a way to sort this out, i don't want to be so screwed up in the head about myself any more.
Well you could try and evaluate yourself in an objective manner... have an honest talk with your mates about your personality/character, they'll definitely tell you about both the positive side and the negative side. I've tried this once and it works quite well. :smile:
Iluvatar
It isn't just about my appearence though, and so many people have reacted to me in general really negatively, i think that i must be right, because so many other people seem to see it too.

All you can really do, if you feel that you are ugly, is to just not let it effect you. For instance, you can say "I am ugly, but at least I am not a chav" to give a positive edge on it and point out that there are those worse off than you.
Create
I think you have to try and pin-point why you're feeling like this. Particularly how you feel about yourself as a person.....
Can you give an example of what you have done or thought that would constitute you being classed as 'evil'?
What is about your personality that you don't like?

After having done this, I then want you to think about all the good things you do for people, and all the parts of your personality that you do like. Then concentrate on these! Throw away the piece of paper with the negative things written on them - I can't really see that there should be anything written on them to be honest.... Allbeit, I don't know you, but my impression of you on here, is that you're a nice guy, who helps people. Besides, remember that no one is perfect, and while I'd be very very surprised if you could come up with something that people would perceive to be 'evil', everyone will have (at some point) thought about things that aren't 'nice'. This doesn't mean you're evil! No one can be completely selfless 100% of the time, and if you were, you'd be being harsh to yourself.

I really want you to try hard to see the good in yourself, which is most definitely there - everyone else sees it. Trust us.

... I can't name a single good thing about myself. I've tried so many times, but i just completely draw a blank.
Evil is a bit excessive, i know, but sometimes its true. Mostly people just seem to look at me and instantly decide they don't like me, like i give off some sort of vibe that i am evil or something
wiwarin_mir
All you can really do, if you feel that you are ugly, is to just not let it effect you. For instance, you can say "I am ugly, but at least I am not a chav" to give a positive edge on it and point out that there are those worse off than you.

As i said, it isn't just about my appearence, though that is a large part of it. Its about who i am in general.
Reply 56
Iluvatar
... I can't name a single good thing about myself. I've tried so many times, but i just completely draw a blank.
Evil is a bit excessive, i know, but sometimes its true. Mostly people just seem to look at me and instantly decide they don't like me, like i give off some sort of vibe that i am evil or something

Ok - but that's other people's perceptions of you. Forget about everyone else for the second. Why do YOU think that you're bad?
Monteferro
Well you could try and evaluate yourself in an objective manner... have an honest talk with your mates about your personality/character, they'll definitely tell you about both the positive side and the negative side. I've tried this once and it works quite well. :smile:

If i had any real mates, i would, but i don't, so i can't.
Reply 58
It strikes me that you're very able to take other people's opinions of you if they're bad, but won't listen to the people who tell you that you're nice! The people who are telling you that you're lovely are generally the people you know, love and trust. The people who you're getting vibes from - you don't know at all....

And - I'm not standing by that you can't think of a single thing why you're nice! :p: Think of one and post it! :biggrin:
Create
It strikes me that you're very able to take other people's opinions of you if they're bad, but won't listen to the people who tell you that you're nice! The people who are telling you that you're lovely are generally the people you know, love and trust. The people who you're getting vibes from - you don't know at all....

And - I'm not standing by that you can't think of a single thing why you're nice! :p: Think of one and post it! :biggrin:

Exactly, so the people who make the most objective judgements about me are the people who look at me and decide straight away they don't like me.

I honestly can't think of any. I've tried so many times, but all i get are blank pieces of paper.

Latest

Trending

Trending