This discussion is closed.
Alexandr
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Hello, I have some questions regarding IB History HL.

1) where can I find info about the internal assessment?
2) what is historiography?
3) I got my first essay back on Friday, an it was marked "Mark band 17-18". What does this mean? What grade is it?

Thanx.
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
1) I donno, but I can probably answer some specific questions you might have.

2) The study of the principles, theories, or methodology of scholarly historical research and presentation. Kinda like the study of "the study of history"...

3) There are nine mark bands. Mark band 17-18 is the second best, mark band 19-20 is the best. Your grade should be a 6 (+) then.
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
17-18 would get you a 7 on the exam. Your teacher could give you any (1-7) grade he wanted to though I suppose.
muffe
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
17-18 would get you a 7 on the exam. Your teacher could give you any (1-7) grade he wanted to though I suppose.
According to my teacher 17-18 is a 6*.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by muffe)
According to my teacher 17-18 is a 6*.
Not on the exam it isn't.... There is no such thing as a "6*" on the exam anyway.
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Not on the exam it isn't.... There is no such thing as a "6*" on the exam anyway.
I thought they didn't give you grades on the exams but just added up the points from paper 1, 2, 3 an the IA and then if you got a certain score you got this and this grade...
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
I thought they didn't give you grades on the exams but just added up the points from paper 1, 2, 3 an the IA and then if you got a certain score you got this and this grade...
They give you a grade from 1-7 on each paper. I have no idea how they total the points though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (39)
13.68%
Virtual campus tours/open days (64)
22.46%
Live streaming events (25)
8.77%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (27)
9.47%
A uni comparison tool (67)
23.51%
An in-person event when available (63)
22.11%