The Student Room Group

Is a D Cup too small to have a breast reduction?

Im considering having a breast reduction, Im 5 foot 9, a size 10 and have 36 D boobs. Now some might say that that doesnt look out of proportion, but it bothers me so much, I find it difficult to find clothes that fit. I have broad shoulders and sitck thin legs which makes me look very top heavy,

Im seriously considering getting a breast reduction, it will make life easier- i wont have my boobs continually banging into things. Im thinking of having a reduction to a B cup.

Anyone any experience of this? Any negative experiences? If you were to dissuade me for any reason, why would that be? What is the likelihood of reducing my breast size by dieting down to a size 8- and how much weight would I have to lose for their to be a noticeable difference in my boob size?

Big boobs make me feel fat :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Try having E/EE cup boobs . . .

I was a D cup for agess, before I went on the pill. If i could turn the clocks back, I wish I could because D IMO was an alright size.

However if you feel the need for Boob op to make your boobs smaller, then fine go ahead, but honest D really is not that big.

PS: Im exactly the same as you in measurements. .
Reply 2
Surgery is painful, expensive and can go wrong - it's best to think very carefully before going for it; it may not solve all your problems. 36D doesn't sound too big at all; I'm a 34D and only 5'5! And I cannot imagine they would make you look fat! I'm sure many smaller chested ladies would be jealous of your assets heh.

Being a size 10 at 5'9 sounds slim already, you wouldn't want to lose too much weight - a quick google found this : http://www.43things.com/entries/view/1118746 - could be of more help!

Another option is trying out different ways of dressing to even out your figure and emphasise the bits you want to - you could always try breast-reducing bras as well? But overall the best thing would be to try and boost your self-esteem and learn to love and make the best of the body you've been given.

anyway hope that helped a little, but please don't rush into surgery, it's rarely the answer!
Reply 3
dont do it. boob reduction should be outlawed.
Reply 4
omg teh bewbs!

Save them, it'll get you quick service in bars and restaurants.
Reply 5
My gf is a size 8 with 28EE boobs, i love em!
Reply 6
Anonymous
Im considering having a breast reduction, Im 5 foot 9, a size 10 and have 36 D boobs. Now some might say that that doesnt look out of proportion, but it bothers me so much, I find it difficult to find clothes that fit. I have broad shoulders and sitck thin legs which makes me look very top heavy,

Im seriously considering getting a breast reduction, it will make life easier- i wont have my boobs continually banging into things. Im thinking of having a reduction to a B cup.

Anyone any experience of this? Any negative experiences? If you were to dissuade me for any reason, why would that be? What is the likelihood of reducing my breast size by dieting down to a size 8- and how much weight would I have to lose for their to be a noticeable difference in my boob size?

Big boobs make me feel fat :frown:

dont get them smaller trust
Reply 7
Do what you feel most confident with.

Unless they're causing you backache or mental distress you'll probably have to pay to have it done privately though.
I'm 32G and getting physiotherapy for my back cos it hurts so much, im debating for a reduction actually.
Reply 9
Hell yes they're too small to have reduced.

Lofty
My gf is a size 8 with 28EE boobs, i love em!

A 28EE isn't that big really. It's the same breast size as a 36C (you go up a number and down a letter), which means the OP has bigger boobs.
I was doing some research last night as I want a breast reduction myself (30HH) and I read stories of women who had breast reductions when their size was a DD. Though it didn't specify whether it was privately paid or NHS, as ofc with NHS you have to qualify to their standards.
It's notoriously difficult to get a reduction on the NHS. My best friend is a 36G, and didn't qualify. My other friend was a I cup, and only managed to get a reduction after 3 years of campaigning to get them reduced, after showing them they weren't shrinking from weightloss.
I doubt the NHS would do it, your best bet would be privately. But trust me, I don't think you need to get them reduced, you just need a good minimiser bra, and perhaps to dress to suit your assets better.
Reply 13
let me get this... you want to make them smaller? :O
noooo keep them as they are!
Reply 14
For god sake, why go through all that pain and scarring and potential for deformity?
There is nothing wrong with your size, its fine.

I on the other hand am about a H, now that is reason to get reduced.

Go and get a new bra for starters.
Well, if you're not in pain, there's no point, really.

I'm a size 10, and way shorter than you, with DD/E boobs.
Yes, clothes are hard to find, but I just figured I'd rather be happy with what I have. So many girls I know would kill for my boobs :p:
Reply 16
D is for "dreamy".
B is for "bump 'um up to a D luv".

edit: the chavviest thing i've ever said! ^
I'm your size (10) and 5'6 and a 36D and have no problem buying tops that fit =/ Seriously. I buy size 10's in next, new look and topshop and they fit fine and I'm smaller than you so probably look more top heavy. I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Be proud of your boobs :smile: People would love to have our sizes. I'd hate to go down to a B.
Reply 18
I had a breast reduction on 29th November last year and it was the best day of my life. I was a 32/34HH (it depended on the make of the bra) and miserable with them. The rest of my body is a size 10/12 and I looked ridiculously out of proportion, prompting stares all the time. My back ached every day and my breathing was laboured because of the weight crushing my chest. I had to buy clothes that were a size 18+ just so that they would fit over my boobs.

I had thought about having a breast reduction since age 16 and at 19 went to see about getting it done on the NHS. I was told I didn't qualify......(ridiculously!) So early last year (I'm now 22) my parents were generous enough to pay for me to have it done privately. I spent months researching different clinics and surgeons and finally underwent the operation. I was in the private hospital for one night, and up and about after 4 days. I really expected some level of pain, but honestly, slight discomfort was all I felt. The only thing that was a nuisance was a bit of the incision was stubborn in healing but after wearing a plaster-sized dressing since the op it is now fully healed. My scars are minimal, and are about the size and colour of a red biro line.

I had an extremely positive experience and can honestly say that this surgery has changed my life. I feel happy and confident with my new 34DD boobs. HOWEVER, please do not take this as me saying "yes, go get surgery, its awesome, it'll solve all your problems!" etc. Surgery is a huge deal, it is expensive (I'm assuming you will not qualify for NHS) and does not always go as smoothly as mine. I was lucky that my body healed well, but I also was responsible and spent time finding a good surgeon who I liked and felt comfortable with. PLEASE do not think surgery is the answer without thinking long and hard about it. You should be very unhappy with how you look before you decide to go ahead, and even then do not think it will necessarily make you happy. If you're just a bit miffed at having big boobs, then learn to live with them, some girls would love it! Unless you know that it will always make you really desperately unhappy then don't go for surgery, it is not the option for you.

God, I've rambled on for ages, sorry. This is just an area I feel so strongly about having been through it myself. Please feel free to PM me if you would like to chat more about it

xx
Reply 19
i have a friend who is size 10/12 and has GGs
her back hurts to the point where shes doing physio atm
but D's are fine i would say really, plus the risk of a reduction is quite high i am told

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending