The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

afua12
I did like Edinburgh - on paper it sounds absolutely fanastic but for whatever reason when I was there I wasn't particularly "wowed" by it. I'm not sure why though - there didn't seem to be a reason I could put my finger on.

I also really like Nottingham. The campus is amazing - I absolutely love it. But the course isn't anywhere near as good for my subject (German and Chinese) and Nottingham city doesn't sound particularly amazing.

I don't know which one I'm going to firm. I tried making a pros/cons list because I really just do not know, but it come out pretty even so I just flipped a coin and it came out as Edinburgh. I think I'm going to just listen to the wisdom of the 2p.

Sorry, just had to add that I do German and I really can't recommend the course highly enough. There is so much variety with module choice and the topics I've covered thus far have been interesting and enjoyable. And I promise I'm not being paid by the university to say that!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
frank070691
Sorry, just had to add that I do German and I really can't recommend the course highly enough. There is so much variety with module choice and the topics I've covered thus far have been interesting and enjoyable. And I promise I'm not being paid by the university to say that!

oh yes, the German modules look really interesting and probably better than those at Edinburgh (at least for me), but I don't like the contemporary/business focus of the Chinese, whereas Ed. has a lot stronger history/philosophy focus which is ideal for me. The scottish system also means that I'd have a lot more flexibility which I really like.
It's pretty much a case between Chinese at Ed vs German at Notts.

Latest

Trending

Trending