The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ktib
Good for you that you are still willing to try and save the friendship. If it were me, no way, I would have only wanted to kick his ass for screwing me over.So yeah I think you are doing the right thing - you are being the better person.

How did his friend screw him over exactly? From his own accounts, OP dithered around trying to lay down "groundwork" instead of asking her out. Real groundwork consists of asking a girl round to watch a movie or go to the cinema or some crap and flirt loads without it being an official date in order to set up the proper date three days later. If the OP did proper groundwork, then the girl would have known full well that he was very much into her and thought there was something going on, and it would have been her fault for being a bitch.

The groundwork probably consisted of broadcasting the fact that OP liked her for everyone to see, as well as the fact that he was never going to ask her out which probably made it damn awkward for everyone involved, or it was so ineffectual and subtle that she had no idea he was even interested. In both cases it's his fault for not making any substantial move. Ignoring the fact that calling 'shotgun' on a girl is like, year 7 levels of immaturity and somewhat misogynistic, doing so and then refusing to make any kind of move is retarded beyond belief. What, is OP's best mate just supposed to never have any contact with this girl that he also fancies, arguably more than the OP since he had the balls to ask her out, untill OP finally realises that he can't be assed any more?

OP, he's still your friend, she's not that into you, move the feck on.
Kultist what the hell are you on about get your tuff man approach of things out of here nobody needs to read that crap, Your friend stinks for not saying he liked her as well... If you tell him you like a girl and even if she's NOT interested in you he then goes and starts going out with her that is NOT friendship a girl should NEVER ever come between BEST-FRIENDS - A BEST FRIEND, would go fishing in another sea, He's a real jackass and he doesn't care how this would effect you.
Kultist just delete your posts you haven't had this happened to you so you do not know what the hell you are talking about, you really know how to get people angry eh?
Reply 22
kultist
How did his friend screw him over exactly? From his own accounts, OP dithered around trying to lay down "groundwork" instead of asking her out. Real groundwork consists of asking a girl round to watch a movie or go to the cinema or some crap and flirt loads without it being an official date in order to set up the proper date three days later. If the OP did proper groundwork, then the girl would have known full well that he was very much into her and thought there was something going on, and it would have been her fault for being a bitch.

The groundwork probably consisted of broadcasting the fact that OP liked her for everyone to see, as well as the fact that he was never going to ask her out which probably made it damn awkward for everyone involved, or it was so ineffectual and subtle that she had no idea he was even interested. In both cases it's his fault for not making any substantial move. Ignoring the fact that calling 'shotgun' on a girl is like, year 7 levels of immaturity and somewhat misogynistic, doing so and then refusing to make any kind of move is retarded beyond belief. What, is OP's best mate just supposed to never have any contact with this girl that he also fancies, arguably more than the OP since he had the balls to ask her out, untill OP finally realises that he can't be assed any more?

OP, he's still your friend, she's not that into you, move the feck on.

Everyone is different and in MY opinion, I would feel screwed over especially as this friend didn't at least say to me hey I'm gonna make a move. Some people would prefer that their friends gave them a heads up and some are not bothered. I personally would prefer to be told first.
Reply 23
Respect4Acting
Kultist what the hell are you on about get your tuff man approach of things out of here nobody needs to read that crap,

Sorry, but it's true.

Your friend stinks for not saying he liked her as well...

Friend was probably stunningly pissed off at the fact that OP had dibs on a really cool girl, was going on and on about how he fancied her, got really paranoid at him at the slightest hint of interest and then proceded to make no move whatsoever for what I'm going to guess is several weeks.
I wouldn't be surprised if friend had originally started flirting to make OP get his damn act together and try get the girl, and when he realised that the OP wasn't going to do anything he made the move.

If you tell him you like a girl and even if she's NOT interested in you he then goes and starts going out with her that is NOT friendship a girl should NEVER ever come between BEST-FRIENDS - A BEST FRIEND, would go fishing in another sea, He's a real jackass and he doesn't care how this would effect you.

This isn't Superbad, moron. If OP drops the ball and his friend happens to let his desires get the best of him, then OP is the one letting a girl get between friends.
Kultist just delete your posts you haven't had this happened to you so you do not know what the hell you are talking about, you really know how to get people angry eh?

You presumtuous little cat turd, the entirety of years 9-11 were a linear sequence of me liking a girl, not making a move, and then not moving on. I've been in this situation a good few times, and I've only ever held grudges out of sheer envy that the other guy was older/smoother/had more money than me. If OP is holding a grudge, chances are it's because his own feelings of inadequacy are coming between his friendship rather than a girl coming between them.
Reply 24
ktib
Everyone is different and in MY opinion, I would feel screwed over especially as this friend didn't at least say to me hey I'm gonna make a move. Some people would prefer that their friends gave them a heads up and some are not bothered. I personally would prefer to be told first.

What, just so that the OP can dither for a bit longer before holding a grudge to his friend anyway?
Reply 25
Ok here's what you do:

1) Contract HIV or AIDS, or any similar sexually transmitted disease
2) Rape your friend, preferably anonymously
3) Hopefully he will then pass the infection onto this girl
4) Sit back and watch them die
Reply 26
Id get him a knuckle sandwich personally
Reply 27
kultist
What, just so that the OP can dither for a bit longer before holding a grudge to his friend anyway?

No. I just know if it was me I would appreciate a little warning, especially from a friend, one who I had confided in about liking this girl. And I think it's pretty obvious that the OP doesn't hold a grudge.
Reply 28
Trigger

If OP is as fast with his hands as he is with women, then I don't think OP would have much of a chance rly.
Reply 29
Why are you so... nice?
I suppose it is nice to be nice, but he did 'screw you over', so surely talking should come before prezzies?
Reply 30
ktib
No. I just know if it was me I would appreciate a little warning, especially from a friend, one who I had confided in about liking this girl. And I think it's pretty obvious that the OP doesn't hold a grudge.

I'm not sure about that. The OP made it pretty clear that because his friend chose the girl, it means his friend is no longer a friend.
Reply 31
kultist
I'm not sure about that. The OP made it pretty clear that because his friend chose the girl, it means his friend is no longer a friend.

Yeah...that's why he is considering buying him a birthday present :rolleyes:
Reply 32
Your mate screwed you over, not the other way around. Just forget it and buy a normal present like you would otherwise.
Reply 33
ktib
Yeah...that's why he is considering buying him a birthday present :rolleyes:

OP
if happyer going out with her, than being friends with me,

His post implies that his friend did this almost out of a deliberate malice to wreck their friendship. Which OP is now trying to repair from his end. Actually, OP is beginning to sound somewhat crazy.
Reply 34
you screwed him over GOOD
i don't think he'll accept an apology, you have to do something grand, like throw a parade
Reply 35
kultist

kultist
His post implies that his friend did this almost out of a deliberate malice to wreck their friendship. Which OP is now trying to repair from his end. Actually, OP is beginning to sound somewhat crazy.

I think you are contradicting yourself now :p: As far as you're concerned the OP doesn't want to be friends with this guy and now you say that he's trying to repair it? make your mind up man! lol
Reply 36
When i first read the thread title, i thought you were talking about having sex over your friend.

Screwing................................. Over your best friend.

Anyway, on topic. forget that sonofa
Reply 37
Trigger

Lol what a line. Sounded like it came straight out of a bad movie :tongue:
Reply 38
ktib
I think you are contradicting yourself now :p: As far as you're concerned the OP doesn't want to be friends with this guy and now you say that he's trying to repair it? make your mind up man! lol

No, I'm implying that the OP seems to think that his friend going after the girl is a direct statement from his friend that he hates him and no longer wants to be friends, which is the kind of view of reality you would expect from someone with serious depression.
Reply 39
Me and my mates go by the rule Bro's before Ho's

Latest

Trending

Trending