The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

nabzp
yes of course personality is important, u cant love someone cos of their looks. but im asking about 'love at first sight'. who beieves in it and why?

i dunno, there is definately something- you can see a guy and he just 'does it' for you... but i think love needs time to develop, but there are times with people and you just know it's right. then again you can be friends with someone for ages and never fancy them, then suddenly you realise you're crazy about them. I think the 2nd type is much more lasting, and hurts a lot more.

lou xxx
Reply 121
nabzp
thats what i thought but there's still ppl that argue that u can fall in love instantly...

Perhaps people who don't value personality as much as perhaps they ought to...
Reply 122
theone
I don't believe it because you can't tell (eveything about) a person's personality from your first look at them.

Yes you can. For example, someone with a swear word tatooed on their forehead is unlikely to be very friendly, and a woman wearing a habit is not very likely to mug you.
Reply 123
Mr White
Yes you can. For example, someone with a swear word tatooed on their forehead is unlikely to be very friendly, and a woman wearing a habit is not very likely to mug you.

Hence the qualifier 'everything' :smile:
Reply 124
lou p
i dunno, there is definately something- you can see a guy and he just 'does it' for you... but i think love needs time to develop, but there are times with people and you just know it's right. then again you can be friends with someone for ages and never fancy them, then suddenly you realise you're crazy about them. I think the 2nd type is much more lasting, and hurts a lot more.

yeah i agree with u there, that sums it up nicely.
i fink its so sweet wen ppl who've been best friends for years fall in love.
uhm , love is only an illusion tha u make ur self believe.
nabzp
Ok so we've all got our own ideas about the exsistance of love. Say, for a minute that it is true....but is love at first sight real?!

Personally, I don't think so.
To love someone, u have to delve into their personality, that takes time.
You might see someone and fancy him/her cos of first impressions, but not love.

what do u fink?

In my case yes - we met online and I knew his personality long (ok I'll be honest it was 2 weeks) before I spoke to him over the phone or met him in person (did the phone after I'd met him though - severe phone phobia)...we clicked mentally, emotionally and physically - and physically came last but on first sight :smile:
Reply 127
lovely
i am on about how do u know if u r really in luv wiv some one
or how do u know if some one really luvs u and isnt just playing u about

I think if you are in love, you just know w/out questioning it.
As far as how do you know if someone loves you it just boils down to trust. I trust my instincts they have never led me wrong yet.
Reply 128
Infinity
I think if you are in love, you just know w/out questioning it.
As far as how do you know if someone loves you it just boils down to trust. I trust my instincts they have never led me wrong yet.

i agree! u definately know when your in love!
but sometimes it can be easy to think you are when youre not!!
Reply 129
feebs
i agree! u definately know when your in love!
but sometimes it can be easy to think you are when youre not!!

True very true, Allthough i think there's usually a twinge of uncertainty, most ignore it though I know I used to.
Reply 130
love is that that you cannot know until you experience. so if you never love does it still exist????
Reply 131
sianease
love is that that you cannot know until you experience. so if you never love does it still exist????

:rolleyes: Of course, other ppl have experienced it. I have experienced it.
Personally I feel there is a big difference between loving a person and being IN love with them. I feel both of these things toward my boyfriend and we have been together for 2 happy years :biggrin: Duno what is going to happen when we get to Uni...but whatever happens happens, and I know that so many experiences that I have shared with my boyfriend are never going to fade in my memory :smile: Part of me will love him for the rest of my life, even if we don't stay together forever and get married etc etc.
Reply 133
Angel Lory
Personally I feel there is a big difference between loving a person and being IN love with them. I feel both of these things toward my boyfriend and we have been together for 2 happy years :biggrin: Duno what is going to happen when we get to Uni...but whatever happens happens, and I know that so many experiences that I have shared with my boyfriend are never going to fade in my memory :smile: Part of me will love him for the rest of my life, even if we don't stay together forever and get married etc etc.

That is an excellent point!!
I love my boyfriend more than anyone but... i dont think its the same as it used to be. aint got that im soooo in love happy smiley feeling anymore, maybe its cos all we do is argue at the mo.
Still love him, always will, no matter what!
lovely
i want ur opinion

No
Reply 135
christ, how depressing...
feebs
That is an excellent point!!
I love my boyfriend more than anyone but... i dont think its the same as it used to be. aint got that im soooo in love happy smiley feeling anymore, maybe its cos all we do is argue at the mo.
Still love him, always will, no matter what!

i know this is sickening, but i agree...love changes & evolves as you grow together (bleurgh). damn, why can't i think of a less sickening way to put that? sorry.
Reply 137
serendipity
i know this is sickening, but i agree...love changes & evolves as you grow together (bleurgh). damn, why can't i think of a less sickening way to put that? sorry.

because no matter how sickening and annoying it is, its true.

Latest

Trending

Trending