The Student Room Group

Parents were late to graduation... missed it by minutes

Hi All,

I recently had my Cambridge Graduation, but unfortunately my parents missed it by minutes as they couldn't find the entrance to Senate House. This makes me quite sad as Cambridge was a lifelong dream and my parents would have loved to see my degree conferred in Senate House (We did manage to get pictures together). So I was wondering, does Cambridge let you re-do graduations, I know some universities do? Is there something I could do about this?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi All,

I recently had my Cambridge Graduation, but unfortunately my parents missed it by minutes as they couldn't find the entrance to Senate House. This makes me quite sad as Cambridge was a lifelong dream and my parents would have loved to see my degree conferred in Senate House (We did manage to get pictures together). So I was wondering, does Cambridge let you re-do graduations, I know some universities do? Is there something I could do about this?

No, I'm afraid not. It's a once only shot.
Reply 2
This is either a weak joke post or what were your parents thinking not being in Cambridge at least a few hours before your graduation, ready exactly where they needed to be? I mean, you're an Anonymous poster so you kind of don't 'exist' yet as someone to take seriously.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
I am really sorry, but I laughed.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi All,

Was there no Dvd available to purchase after the event.You have the degree and no doubt you shared the day celebrating together.That is the main thing not the handing over of a bit of paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending