The Student Room Group

working got PGL

Hi, im starting work for PGL next month, as a cattering assistant, has anyone else here done this? what did u think of it? Also i was wondering if they pay extra at pgl for working bank holidays?

Scroll to see replies

i just a job offer at pgl as well as activities leader. dont know whether to take it. its SUCH a commitment!
Reply 2
pucci
Hi, im starting work for PGL next month, as a cattering assistant, has anyone else here done this? what did u think of it? Also i was wondering if they pay extra at pgl for working bank holidays?

Hi pucci, i was also a catering assistant at PGL during the summer. i had really enjoyed it, although the pay was ok i guess but if you continue working for them in the next season it rises. However over all it was fun, you will meet so many people working in all areas and not forgetting your guests. :smile:

As a catering assistant the hours were long but you may start from 7:30 till 7 max depending on how busy the centre is sometimes if there are less guests then you may start later about 8:30am till 5:30pm. You will be offered a day holiday which you can choose what you want to do. :yep:
You will also get a chance to take part in activities at the end...

....Im not sure if they pay extra during bank holidays, i just got normal pay bear in mind i worked with them 3 years ago so things may have changed till now.

By the way which centre you applied for??
Reply 3
ellie_flower
i just a job offer at pgl as well as activities leader. dont know whether to take it. its SUCH a commitment!

i think you should, if you love working with children then this is the job for you, you will have to be responsible to look after the kids and take part in activities however you will have other leaders working with you so your not alone. :smile:

personally i enjoyed it!!!:woo:
Reply 4
Minnie mu
Hi pucci, i was also a catering assistant at PGL during the summer. i had really enjoyed it, although the pay was ok i guess but if you continue working for them in the next season it rises. However over all it was fun, you will meet so many people working in all areas and not forgetting your guests. :smile:

As a catering assistant the hours were long but you may start from 7:30 till 7 max depending on how busy the centre is sometimes if there are less guests then you may start later about 8:30am till 5:30pm. You will be offered a day holiday which you can choose what you want to do. :yep:
You will also get a chance to take part in activities at the end...

....Im not sure if they pay extra during bank holidays, i just got normal pay bear in mind i worked with them 3 years ago so things may have changed till now.

By the way which centre you applied for??

If you don't mind me asking how much did you make? And how many weeks did you work?
Reply 5
emioly
If you don't mind me asking how much did you make? And how many weeks did you work?

i worked for 6 months and recieved £360 per month which was £90 per week, but im not sure the pay rate may have risen since...
Reply 6
Reue is off to be an Activities Instructor with PGL next week :biggrin:
Reue
Reue is off to be an Activities Instructor with PGL next week :biggrin:

I'm there now at Caythorpe as an Activity Instructor, I love it.
Hi.. I know this thread is old, but I was just wondering, was it hard to get a place? I'm just scared I'll be rejected, especially since I only put that I'd like to work from the start of November to mid-December, is that far too little? I was assuming that after December a new season would start and I could reapply. I wrote them an email, but I'm just worried that I've messed it up completely :frown:
Reply 9
vanilla camel
Hi.. I know this thread is old, but I was just wondering, was it hard to get a place? I'm just scared I'll be rejected, especially since I only put that I'd like to work from the start of November to mid-December, is that far too little? I was assuming that after December a new season would start and I could reapply. I wrote them an email, but I'm just worried that I've messed it up completely :frown:

Should have quoted, would have got a reply alot sooner.

PGL centres close from November - Feb so there wont be any employment opportunities between those dates.
vanilla camel

The best chance of getting a job with PGL is applying now, also depends how long you are available for. The longer you are available the better chance you have of getting in.
Reue
Should have quoted, would have got a reply alot sooner.

PGL centres close from November - Feb so there wont be any employment opportunities between those dates.

I realised that after I sent in my application as I emailed them. They said they would now consider my application for next year, but it doesn't have the dates that I want to be working. Do you think I should send a new application with my new dates?
Reply 12
vanilla camel
I realised that after I sent in my application as I emailed them. They said they would now consider my application for next year, but it doesn't have the dates that I want to be working. Do you think I should send a new application with my new dates?

Your best bet is to call them wiith your application reference number and they will be able to edit your original application with the new dates.

What centres did you apply for?
vanilla camel

Have you got the head office number for PGL, it will be on their website, best chance to get hold of them would be to call them between Monday and Friday, they are open 9am till 5pm.
Reue
Your best bet is to call them wiith your application reference number and they will be able to edit your original application with the new dates.

Thank you Reue and also Rock fan. Centres? You mean countries? I think my first choice was Germany and my second choice was the UK.

I'll give them a call in a month or so when I know what I'll be up to and what dates I'll be available. :yes:
As far as I know the centres are based in the UK, France and Spain
Reply 16
We dont have any pgl centres in Germany iirc :s-smilie:
But Germany was an option on the application. I don't know, I'll just call them up later.
Reue

Sorry to bring this all up again, but what's my application reference number? When do you find out what that is? I've sent them an email giving them the new dates, but I think they only start processing applications on 1st November.

Would you say it's hard to get a job at PGL? I'm worried I'll just be rejected :frown:
Reply 19
vanilla camel
Sorry to bring this all up again, but what's my application reference number? When do you find out what that is? I've sent them an email giving them the new dates, but I think they only start processing applications on 1st November.

Would you say it's hard to get a job at PGL? I'm worried I'll just be rejected :frown:

Your application reference number will be on the website when you log into the application section.

It all depends on your application to how easy it is. Ideally they take people with previous experience working witch children but I know people here who had no previous experience. Just make sure your references respond quickly and keep calling them up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending