The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
They're beautiful on the inside!

Ha, they are ugly because their not attractive to look at :ninja: It is possible the reason is that we've always been told that fat people are ugly. In the past over weight women were seen as more attractive... times change... opinions change... I mean, from moment your born everything tells you that you should be thin. Advertising, the media, the internet, your friends, your family, all tell you that thin is attractive, and fat is ugly.

Its not really surprising that you don't find fat people attractive.
Reply 21
I think it’s in our genes to reject those considered unhealthy. Primal urges steer us towards the best option to procreate with like all animals. Personally I think some people pull it off better than others being over-weight and I can find someone attractive on occasion.

The main thing is that most people that are fat that I meet have self-image problems, lack sense of worth and give off an uncomfortable vibe in social settings which is more un-attractive.

I've yet to have dated someone I considered big.
Reply 22
Fugly
Reply 23
del1507
The last picture isn't curvy, she's fat.

^

This. She has visible rolls and saggy thighs...not nice. I think fat people (as in rolls etc) are unattractive tbh because they clearly don't look nice/ take care of how they look...they might have an attractive face but that is usually ruined by rolls of fat and sallow, crappy skin from eating a crap diet.
I think that a fat body is unattractive. Even if the fat person has nice features, the majority of the time they will also have a fat face/double chin, which makes their face ugly as well as their body.
Reply 25
Society gives us our definition of ugly and pretty. In certain asian and african communities Fatness is seen as a sign of fertility and is regarded to be a sign of women worthy of child bearing.

Basically blame the tabloids.
reems23
Society gives us our definition of ugly and pretty. In certain asian and african communities Fatness is seen as a sign of fertility and is regarded to be a sign of women worthy of child bearing.

Basically blame the tabloids.
But that's not about aesthetics is it? That's just a somewhat archaic human instinct to treat women like they're human incubators...
Reply 27
Ilora-Danon
But that's not about aesthetics is it? That's just a somewhat archaic human instinct to treat women like they're human incubators...

:hmmmm:

I don't know, I always assumed they correlated it with beauty. I'm pretty sure we do not have an inbuilt understanding of what's beautiful, but as we grow up we understand what's normal. Say if everyone was clinically obese, I would assume a 'normal' person would be considered ugly and weird.
Reply 28
i used to be 15 stone so yeah i used to be a fatty

then i lost all that weight and everyone said i looked 'better, hotter' etcc

so i dunno
With females, somewhat overweight, you can tell they are actually quite pretty but that's not always the first thing you notice.
Reply 30
seriously, if someone is fat it may not be attractive, however sometimes there personalities could overwhelmingly be nice.
See this is where people get fat, over weight and obese wrong...check in the dictionary what these words means and u then will be able to see things clearly...
afc1886
People writing 'of' when they mean 'off' is more annoying than fat people. Equally those who write 'to' instead of 'too'.

ANYWAY not all fat people are ugly. Curvy girls are luuurrvly! Really fat is just off-putting though (I mean it puts you off your dinner, not the person themselves)..

Don't confuse 'fat' with 'curvy', there's a difference! I hate it when overweight people class themselves as 'curvy'
James Corden is fat and he's HOTTTTTTT. :yep:
aura1947
Apparently that seems to be the general consensus. Fat, overweight, or obese people are automatically labeled as ugly. Majority of the people don't give a second thought- if s/he's fat, they are ugly.

Honestly, what puts you people of fat people? WHAT'S YOUR FRICKIN' PROBLEM?! :mad:

Discuss. :cool:

I like fat girls and think them the opposite of ugly :awesome:
Reply 34
Seeing loads of rolls on a person is just gross to look at is it not? They can have a pretty face and then you would think to yourself oh that person would be quite attractive is she/he was slim. In those pictures how could anyone look at them and think thats HOT! Being fat is unattractive end of.
Not for these people! http://bbwdating.com/ :awesome:
Every so often you see a fat person who has a potentially pretty face, if they got rid of the extra chins, but generally, their size makes them appear unattractive
Reply 37
aura1947
Apparently that seems to be the general consensus. Fat, overweight, or obese people are automatically labeled as ugly. Majority of the people don't give a second thought- if s/he's fat, they are ugly.

:

dont judge a book by its cover comes to mind.
Reply 38
rosieee91
James Corden is fat and he's HOTTTTTTT. :yep:

Ohhhh yeeeessss, i so would lol.... :yep:
Reply 39
I think people look better generally when they lose weight (obviously, not all the way down to the anorexic scale..)

Latest

Trending

Trending