The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not weird at all.
My brother started dating his girlfriend when he was 25 and she was 17. 7 years on they are still together.
My cousin started dating his wife when he was 24 and she was 16. They are married and have a baby now.

So go for it!
It's fine. You sound like you want to give things a go and that's really sweet. You sound mature because you questioned it first. I thought I was too young for my boyfriend whose 18 (we have an 8 month gap) and I'm 17.
A good rule of thumb, the lowest age for a female is half the male's age plus seven. So the example is ok. The rule works well for all ages from 14 upwards.
Original post by bernces1
A good rule of thumb, the lowest age for a female is half the male's age plus seven. So the example is ok. The rule works well for all ages from 14 upwards.

That's a dumb rule. An 80 year-old dating a 47 year-old is really weird
Original post by laitankoko
That's a dumb rule. An 80 year-old dating a 47 year-old is really weird

It happens, especially if the 80 year old has money. I suspect you are quite young. :-)
Reply 65
hey ! i m 21 and my girlfriend is 17 . we are indians . is it illegal for us to :1 , be in a relationship?2. dating talk ?3. talk abt sex?
Original post by stuart_hatch
Recently met a girl through my job (she is a student nurse) She's great and we get on really well.

Thing is, she is 17 and im 21. Alot of my mates think that the age gap is too big?

Im not sure, what do you think?

Cheers

S

4 years is nothing to worry about, I'm "dating" 18 to 25s mostly students in need of a little financial help and I'm 58.
In a serious relationship many cultures, Chinese for example believe the man should be around 10 years older than the woman.
That girl is now 27 xD
That girl is now 27 xD LOL
Original post by stuart_hatch
Recently met a girl through my job (she is a student nurse) She's great and we get on really well.

Thing is, she is 17 and im 21. Alot of my mates think that the age gap is too big?

Im not sure, what do you think?

Cheers

S

Legally, it's fine. I still think you should wait until she's 18 though. Just so that it's more socially acceptable.

Latest

Trending

Trending