The Student Room Group

The Take Back Power Campaign

http://www.takebackpower.org/

What do you think of the proposals?

Also, why has the media not taken it up anywhere near as heartily as Cameron's proposals? They were going on about revolution yesterday, when his proposals were weak at best. These proposals are much more radical, and the BBC article on it has 'Clegg wants MPs to give up their holidays' as the title. How lame is that?

Of course I recognise Cameron is likely to be the next PM, but his proposals were hardly worth mentioning.
Reply 1
I'm very much in favour of the proposals, and think it's a shame that the media is so biased in favour of Labour and the Conservatives.
Yeah I'll obviously support a movement of individuals standing up to state power. Though the lib dems don't represent this ideology consistently, they wont massive state intervention is many areas. You need to turn to the tories, UKIP or even LPUK if you're extreme enough, to be minimising government power.
Reply 3
tis_me_lord
Yeah I'll obviously support a movement of individuals standing up to state power. Though the lib dems don't represent this ideology consistently, they wont massive state intervention is many areas. You need to turn to the tories, UKIP or even LPUK if you're extreme enough, to be minimising government power.

:yep:

As much as I am for minimising government power, recently I have felt that people just aren't smart enough to take responsibility for themselves. I don't know, whatever.
Failed123

As much as I am for minimising government power, recently I have felt that people just aren't smart enough to take responsibility for themselves. I don't know, whatever.

Because those who work in government are robots. :yep:
These proposals sound about right. They are what Parliament should be doing but it's, doubtless, what they will avoid doing.
Failed123

And that means that the government should then run their lives for them, because they're not smart enough to do it themselves?
Reply 7
Smack
And that means that the government should then run their lives for them, because they're not smart enough to do it themselves?

No, I just said I was for less government power, pfft. I'm just aware of how stupid people are, that's all.
Failed123
No, I just said I was for less government power, pfft. I'm just aware of how stupid people are, that's all.

But the government are people, is our point.
Failed123

I know. I was being pedantic. :smile:
Reply 10
Oh yeah, okay! Sorry I'm slow :p:

:rolleyes:
Reply 12
I agree with quite a lot of what they say, but I'd be firmly against an elected Lords.
I think they are great proposals. They are serious democratic changes. What Cameron and Brown are doing is lightweight by comparison.

Latest

Trending

Trending