The Student Room Group
Women generally care about what they eat more. I've only just recently discovered I take in 150-200% RDA of sugar. :sigh:
Reply 2
Is it? As far as I remember, most show both... o.O

Maybe I fail at observation.
I think it's because women are generally more concerned about the contents of food than men are. Also, women require less than men; by putting the amounts for women it is easier for us to keep track of them, and men can look and say 'Okay, well that's definitely okay for me, then'. If they were written for men, it's more important for women to work out the %s etc. as they would have to be lowered. (A man can go by a woman's %s whereas a woman cannot go by a man's %s without ingesting too much/gaining weight).
Reply 4
I havent noticed that before, but the OP is right. I"ve just checked my packet of giant Cadbury buttons and it says that 2000 kcal is the amount of calories a typical adult should eat. I always thought that men could eat 2500 a day, so I presume the 2000k refers to women.
Phil2008
Women generally care about what they eat more. I've only just recently discovered I take in 150-200% RDA of sugar. :sigh:

I work in a shop and serve many customers and from my experiences women do not care what they eat one bit. Most of our chocolate is sold to women and the same with our crisps. (Most of our fags are sold to men but that's another story.) It is no surprise to me, now that I know of a lot more women's eating habits, why the average female is now a bit of a fatty at a size 16.

I do believe that women are more likely to pretend to care what they eat, moan about how fat they are, say they are going to cut down, then eat 2 Galaxies and a Twix.

Nowadays men are shamed into liking fat girls because they don't want to be shallow, so many women have no reason to stay slim. Being slim for most means not stuffing their faces with chocolate and crisps which is very difficult for many because so many are so damned impulsive.
Isn't it because women's values are less, so they get put on.

Latest

Trending

Trending