Turn on thread page Beta

So if my student finance isn't sorted out by the time i start... watch

ReputationRep:
    will i not be able to start uni? Obviously i'm going to need my tuition fees paid but if student finance hasn't pulled their fingers out their *******s by the time i start, my tuition fees won't be getting paid... hence meaning i can't register at the uni? Is that correct? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    If your finance isnt sorted then I would speak to your uni after your place is confirmed. IM sure they will try and sort something out.

ReputationRep:
    Mine wasn't sorted out because I went through Clearing and they took ages but anyway...I ended up getting a letter from uni saying I owed them whatever the fees were and they were due by this date so I was to pay them or if they were being paid to get them proof of this, so I would just let your uni know as soon as you can whats happening,that way they know.

I've found it all got sorted quite quick this year(and then I've ended up having to take a year out lol) so hopefully you should get it sorted on time =)

AJxx

ReputationRep:
    Universities know how crap the SLC are and should give you leeway - particularly if you can show them you've applied and are just waiting on the SLC to bother getting back to you.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this isn't the case because they are still messing around with my application, losing parts of it etc and at this rate I'm wondering if it will ever be sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, its still a worry though isn't it?! Grrr why can't they do anything properly!! So if i ask student finance to send out a letter as proof i've applied that would be ok, mind you student finance would probably lose the letter before it gets posted! lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The Uni will let you enrol but will need proof you have applied. They understand how bad they are as well ^_^ Same will go with any accomodation fees etc. etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.