The Student Room Group

A persons character...

Anon because my nickname is not very discrete in that its basically my full name.

My ex-girlfriend once said to me that she and her best friend had 'parallel lifes'.

Parallel in the sense that they both seem to make the same decisions, influenced by each others thoughts and/or actions.

I suppose the main example I could put forward is as follows:

When she and her bestfriend both had boyfriends (before me) her friend broke up with her guy and as I remember, my ex broke up with her boyfriend in a matter of weeks.

You can probably guess what happened to me. The exact same situation as above.

I can't say for certain that her friend influenced her decision to break up with me, because there were other (particularly lame) reasons such as no longer wanting a boyfriend and to just be with her friends.

Anyway, I guess my question is this:

What does the above say about their character?

Personally I think it's quite piteous and deplorable (and heartbreaking)

It would be cool to hear some of your thoughts
Yeah, she's a moron. I wouldn't worry too much about it though - you wouldn't want to be there five years down the line when her friend decides to become a man. Just move on, she was never worth your time.
they're both too easily influenced..
She sounds pathetic, weak and immature.
Reply 4
fallen angel9
She sounds pathetic, weak and immature.

Absolutely. She's not worth her weight in gold mate - meet someone who really appreciates you. :yes:
That's... slightly ludicrous. She needs to learn to think for herself someday and stop taking the easy route by letting someone else essentially make all her decisions for her.
She's a twin sheep...possibly can't make decisions for herself
Reply 7
lol they depend on each other so much that they dont even have their own characters. lame lol theyll get no where
*TheSweetestDrug*
they're both too easily influenced..

^ was about to say the same thing.
Reply 9
Anonymous
Absolutely. She's not worth her weight in gold mate - meet someone who really appreciates you. :yes:

Are you addressing yourself there OP?
Reply 10
catzrin
Are you addressing yourself there OP?

It would appear that way but it was a friend being supportive :smile:
Anonymous
Yeah, she's a moron. I wouldn't worry too much about it though - you wouldn't want to be there five years down the line when her friend decides to become a man. Just move on, she was never worth your time.

lol I would have repped you for that but you're anon.
Sounds quite pathetic, unless it's just some coincidence. Reminds me of when some girls attach themselves to another, and 'copy' everything the other one does -_-;
Reply 13
falls_whisper
Sounds quite pathetic, unless it's just some coincidence. Reminds me of when some girls attach themselves to another, and 'copy' everything the other one does -_-;

Yet she described herself as a 'freespirit' to me after we'd broken up... how ironic that was

Anyway, I don't even bother recognising her anymore
Reply 14
Anonymous
Agreed. She's no good. They'll probably end up moving in together, anyway.
Tootles
Agreed. She's no good. They'll probably end up moving in together, anyway.

err - that is only a good thing. Alright !!!
Reply 16
You're better off without.

Latest

Trending

Trending