Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon because my nickname is not very discrete in that its basically my full name.

My ex-girlfriend once said to me that she and her best friend had 'parallel lifes'.

Parallel in the sense that they both seem to make the same decisions, influenced by each others thoughts and/or actions.

I suppose the main example I could put forward is as follows:

When she and her bestfriend both had boyfriends (before me) her friend broke up with her guy and as I remember, my ex broke up with her boyfriend in a matter of weeks.

You can probably guess what happened to me. The exact same situation as above.

I can't say for certain that her friend influenced her decision to break up with me, because there were other (particularly lame) reasons such as no longer wanting a boyfriend and to just be with her friends.

Anyway, I guess my question is this:

What does the above say about their character?

Personally I think it's quite piteous and deplorable (and heartbreaking)

It would be cool to hear some of your thoughts

Yeah, she's a moron. I wouldn't worry too much about it though - you wouldn't want to be there five years down the line when her friend decides to become a man. Just move on, she was never worth your time.

ReputationRep:
    they're both too easily influenced..

ReputationRep:
    She sounds pathetic, weak and immature.

(Original post by fallen angel9)
    She sounds pathetic, weak and immature.
    Absolutely. She's not worth her weight in gold mate - meet someone who really appreciates you. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    That's... slightly ludicrous. She needs to learn to think for herself someday and stop taking the easy route by letting someone else essentially make all her decisions for her.

ReputationRep:
    She's a twin sheep...possibly can't make decisions for herself

ReputationRep:
    lol they depend on each other so much that they dont even have their own characters. lame lol theyll get no where

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    they're both too easily influenced..
    ^ was about to say the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Absolutely. She's not worth her weight in gold mate - meet someone who really appreciates you. :yes:
    Are you addressing yourself there OP?

(Original post by catzrin)
    Are you addressing yourself there OP?
    It would appear that way but it was a friend being supportive

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, she's a moron. I wouldn't worry too much about it though - you wouldn't want to be there five years down the line when her friend decides to become a man. Just move on, she was never worth your time.
    lol I would have repped you for that but you're anon.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds quite pathetic, unless it's just some coincidence. Reminds me of when some girls attach themselves to another, and 'copy' everything the other one does -_-;

(Original post by falls_whisper)
    Sounds quite pathetic, unless it's just some coincidence. Reminds me of when some girls attach themselves to another, and 'copy' everything the other one does -_-;
    Yet she described herself as a 'freespirit' to me after we'd broken up... how ironic that was

Anyway, I don't even bother recognising her anymore

Agreed. She's no good. They'll probably end up moving in together, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Agreed. She's no good. They'll probably end up moving in together, anyway.
    err - that is only a good thing. Alright !!!

ReputationRep:
    You're better off without.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.