The Student Room Group

Abroad on holiday when A-Level results released

A-Level results release day is 20th August, however I will be thousands of miles away on holiday in Mexico (yes swine flu ...blah :wink: :biggrin: ) and leave next week for 2 weeks, so missing the release day.

Is anyone else in the same predicament and what are you doing about it? I don't think my school allows anyone but me or parents to collect my results and as I'm away with my whole family obviously this won't happen.

I've got a uni offer which is quite high so the only thing that appears for me to do is to just check UCAS Track on 20th August using the internet at the hotel and see if my uni has accepted me or not and based on that, how good my results are.

If when I'm on holiday, I find I don't get into uni I understand that I'll have to enter Clearing, but will I be able to operate this from abroad on holiday as it would be less viable to do so 6 days later when I'm back from holiday.
Reply 1
Can you not arrange to call your school on the day and they give you your results over the phone? I was abroad when my GCSE results were released and did this.
Reply 2
Im in the same situation, but for AS' not A2s. My school are letting my grandparents collect them for me, so I could find out over the phone but I just think Im gunna wait til I get back home to open them. Probably change on the day though.
yeah im in the same situation, as for the post above no they dont, well atleast not at my school. But at mine they do let a friend pick them up if you write a letter saying that they can. i dont know what to do either but im making sure to take the number of my school and prospective unis...
Reply 4
What is more important a holiday or your future?

btw even if you get a place you need to accept in sort out accomodation etc, in the first couple of days of finding out.

lol that you booked a holiday at this time great destination also

Latest