The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It depends entirely on the university where you took it. A lot of places will allow you to convert to the degree course and do some extra work to get a full degree, but not everywhere. Ask the institution.
Reply 2
would it be possible to do it in 1 year?
Reply 3
Filaro
hi

the title says it all really, i have a diploma of higher education earned by finishing 2 years of a degree, is it possible to use this to get a full degree?

thanks in advance for any help

Of course. Try a top-up course. Bournemouth does a lot of those for example. Look up the unis you're interested in :smile:
Reply 4
Filaro
would it be possible to do it in 1 year?

Top up courses last a year.
Reply 5
thank you:smile:
Reply 6
emmie19
Of course. Try a top-up course. Bournemouth does a lot of those for example. Look up the unis you're interested in :smile:

Some universities offer a top-up program which only runs for a year. The top-up program will technically convert your certificate->diploma->higher diploma (which is 2 years) to a BSc (which gives you 3 yrs total college education.) The problem though is that, most of these universities that offer top-up aren't the best ones around.
Reply 7
ILIGAN
Some universities offer a top-up program which only runs for a year. The top-up program will technically convert your certificate->diploma->higher diploma (which is 2 years) to a BSc (which gives you 3 yrs total college education.) The problem though is that, most of these universities that offer top-up aren't the best ones around.

That is true. But if you did a foundation course I don't think you'll mind about going to a lower uni. Bournemouth is top in the country for travel and tourism though, so not always the case (my mate is going there :woo: )
Reply 8
To add to what other people have already mentioned then you may be able to transfer these credits to the Open Uni and therefore "top it up" to a degree (honours or non-honours depending on how many leve 3 credits you have). It may be possible to do it in one year but this will depend on your module choices and whether you go full time or not.

Latest

Trending

Trending