The Student Room Group

Top Up Degree SFE Funding

Hi there,

So I've just finished a 3 year degree but due to mental health reasons I failed my dissertation causing me to fail my degree. My university has said that I have qualified for a Diploma in higher education. I want to complete a top up degree at a different university so I can have a full honours degree.

Since I have already had 3 years of SFE funding would I be eligible for one further year, I know you get a "gifted" extra year of funding from SFE but I'm not sure if I qualify.

Any help would be amazing.
Original post by mattcford18
Hi there,

So I've just finished a 3 year degree but due to mental health reasons I failed my dissertation causing me to fail my degree. My university has said that I have qualified for a Diploma in higher education. I want to complete a top up degree at a different university so I can have a full honours degree.

Since I have already had 3 years of SFE funding would I be eligible for one further year, I know you get a "gifted" extra year of funding from SFE but I'm not sure if I qualify.

Any help would be amazing.

Hi Mattcford18,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. Based on what you have advised this should be ok, but we would need you to apply so we can then check this for you. When is the top up starting?

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending