The Student Room Group

Funding for dental hygiene and dental therapy higher education diploma

I have a degree in Business which included a year in industry so overall was 4 years but I am looking to do the dental hygiene and dental therapy higher education diploma at Sheffield University. Would I be entitled to a student loan or maintenance loan for this since it's my second degree or would I have to fund it myself?
Hi there,

Can you confirm the full name of the course you wish to do and the duration of the course? Can you also confirm that you are not all ready registered in the profession in anyway?

Thanks, Drew
Hi Drew,

The course is Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy Higher Education Diploma and it is a 27 month full time course. I am not registered in the profession.

Thanks,

Mari
Original post by marisadler
Hi Drew,

The course is Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy Higher Education Diploma and it is a 27 month full time course. I am not registered in the profession.

Thanks,

Mari

Thank you. This is an exception course. So as long as you aren't already registered in the field already then you'll be eligible to apply for the funding. Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you. This is an exception course. So as long as you aren't already registered in the field already then you'll be eligible to apply for the funding. Thanks, Jason

Thanks! Would I also be eligible for a maintenance loan?
Original post by marisadler
Thanks! Would I also be eligible for a maintenance loan?

Yes, you'd be assessed for the full funding. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending