The Student Room Group

TSR BOOTCAMP, Numero Tres! - Let's Be Hot In 2011

Scroll to see replies

Since I've started working, I havn't had much to eat :frown:
Urgh, these past few days, I probably havn't made any gains!
Definately more defined though... that's a positive :smile:
Should start the normal diet from tomorrow... fingers crossed!
Gym today was good, back to normal nutrition :smile:
Feeling much better than I have previously too!
Had a nice workout in the gym, spinning class was good today, they added in some Haloweeny type songs. The best one was when they played ghost busters and said you had to stand up for 4 seconds every time they said the word ghost. That was the most knackering one because we were keeping up a decent pace and standing/sitting every 10 seconds as well. And it's more fun trying to pick out a lyric in a song instead of just listening to the trainer...

Averaged 164 on the heart rate but i've realised that during the actual spinning class i'm averaging 170/180 it's just the warm up is too long and as i start the heart rate app just before the warm up it gets 5 minutes of my heart rate slowly coming up from around 100 to 160 which then kills my overall average...
Original post by MHorman
Had a nice workout in the gym, spinning class was good today, they added in some Haloweeny type songs. The best one was when they played ghost busters and said you had to stand up for 4 seconds every time they said the word ghost. That was the most knackering one because we were keeping up a decent pace and standing/sitting every 10 seconds as well. And it's more fun trying to pick out a lyric in a song instead of just listening to the trainer...

Averaged 164 on the heart rate but i've realised that during the actual spinning class i'm averaging 170/180 it's just the warm up is too long and as i start the heart rate app just before the warm up it gets 5 minutes of my heart rate slowly coming up from around 100 to 160 which then kills my overall average...

Sounds good, how long have you been cycling? :smile:
Original post by Rossshaw
Sounds good, how long have you been cycling? :smile:

I used to race offroad when i was about 5 till about 11 and then stopped apart from the odd cycle every few months.

Until the beginning of this summer.

Since then i've been out 2 or 3 times a week, although i've just moved to uni so am mostly in the gym instead of on the roads as i don't know the roads round here. In devon i could easily plan a nice route but i have no idea where i'm going round here...

Still go for the occasional cycle outside because it's more fun, and a lot of the time i need to use my bike just to get places a well if i'm too cheap to take the bus. And i can beat the bus into town if i'm in a rush...:biggrin:
Big late to the bootcamp, but still :tongue:

penelope18, Female, 15
Weight: 8 stone 9 (I think)
Height: 5'3"
Dress Size: 10
Bust: 34
Waist: 28
Hips: 34
Reason: Trying to lose fat and gain muscle.
Goals: I'd like to tone my stomach, thighs and arms :smile:
Original post by MHorman
I used to race offroad when i was about 5 till about 11 and then stopped apart from the odd cycle every few months.

Until the beginning of this summer.

Since then i've been out 2 or 3 times a week, although i've just moved to uni so am mostly in the gym instead of on the roads as i don't know the roads round here. In devon i could easily plan a nice route but i have no idea where i'm going round here...

Still go for the occasional cycle outside because it's more fun, and a lot of the time i need to use my bike just to get places a well if i'm too cheap to take the bus. And i can beat the bus into town if i'm in a rush...:biggrin:

Ah, got bored as a child is it? :p:
Yeah, the gym can't be as fun. Although it's warmer there isnt much to really see haha! The outdoors feels much better nad plus you can find your way around if you cycle about the place :p:.

I hate buses, I try to avoid them as much as possible :lol:. I may take my bike to uni next year so that I can save some money and everything. Seems a good idea:cool:
Original post by penelope18
Big late to the bootcamp, but still :tongue:

penelope18, Female, 15
Weight: 8 stone 9 (I think)
Height: 5'3"
Dress Size: 10
Bust: 34
Waist: 28
Hips: 34
Reason: Trying to lose fat and gain muscle.
Goals: I'd like to tone my stomach, thighs and arms :smile:

Heyy :biggrin:

Welcome to the camp! Good luck with the goals!
Heyy :biggrin:

Welcome to the camp! Good luck with the goals!

Thank you :biggrin:

Bad time to start, half-term, when I have no PE classes and my ballet stops, as does my netball practice XD

But I still did some dance practice, crunches, reverse crunches and sit-ups today. So I have done something at least.
Ah, got bored as a child is it? :p:
Yeah, the gym can't be as fun. Although it's warmer there isnt much to really see haha! The outdoors feels much better nad plus you can find your way around if you cycle about the place :p:.

I hate buses, I try to avoid them as much as possible :lol:. I may take my bike to uni next year so that I can save some money and everything. Seems a good idea:cool:

Nah, i enjoyed the racing but i got into kart racing so stopped racing the mountain bike...

And yea, i do like the cycling outdoors but it's good at the gym when it's pissing down with rain.

And it's more social at the gym as i've been going for a month now it seems i'm becoming a regular and recognising everyone in the classes. :smile:
Original post by MHorman
Nah, i enjoyed the racing but i got into kart racing so stopped racing the mountain bike...

And yea, i do like the cycling outdoors but it's good at the gym when it's pissing down with rain.

And it's more social at the gym as i've been going for a month now it seems i'm becoming a regular and recognising everyone in the classes. :smile:

Ah kart facing is amazing! Yeah, during the winter, it's harder to do stuff outside because the weather just puts you off. I recognise people in the gym, but i've never approached them. :lol:

I only go to the gym to work out and leave though, so the only people I have really spoken to are the personal trainers :p:
Original post by penelope18
Thank you :biggrin:

Bad time to start, half-term, when I have no PE classes and my ballet stops, as does my netball practice XD

But I still did some dance practice, crunches, reverse crunches and sit-ups today. So I have done something at least.

Go for a run? :p:. I'll be your personal motivator! Just kidding. Sounds like you're very active as it is, so it should be easy for you :wink:
How's everyone's progress so far? :smile:
Original post by asparkyn
How's everyone's progress so far? :smile:

I feel bigger. Still early days though! How is your progress? :smile:
I feel bigger. Still early days though! How is your progress? :smile:

Same here :frown: Mine's not too good .. I'm exacerbating my problem by eating snacks throughout the day. It's exam week and I can't go out to exercise, and I have this hopeless habit of needing a chocolate cake or a chicken pie to get through the day. :sad:
Reply 335
Just seen the thread so decided to join it, but doubt i'll check back regularly :rolleyes:

DoktaUH, Male, 23
Weight: 9 stone 13
Height: 5'10"
Waist: 31 inches
Reason: Get back into a proper eating pattern and bulk up a bit
Goals: Gain 29lbs long term, 2-3lbs/month short term seems reasonable
I've been following the thread for awhile and figured I should probably join in :biggrin:

Nooneyouknow, female, 18
Weight: Just over 12 stone
Height: 5'7"
Dress Size: 14 on top, 12 on bottom
Bust: 35 inches
Waist: 33 inches
Hips: 36 inches
Reason: Trying to loose weight and get fit for university next year :smile:
Goals: Get below 10 stone for the first time is awhile!
Special Remarks: None
I had a personal training session (just as a one off kinda thing - but will check back in every month or two I think). It was really good. He set me up with a plan for doing a triathlon but to work on my strength and flexibility first because it's a while away... Felt like my abs were been ripped apart and my body was shaking during a lot of the exercises. Good stuff! The weights were challenging as well - was squatting with 12 kg in each hand which seemed quite heavy for example. Then once I was knackered from all this stuff, he made me do intervals on the treadmill but decided I wasn't knackered at 10 kph so put it up to 12. At which point I felt like throwing up, but I didn't and I finished the intervals.

Waw that was long, but I'm excited...
Original post by thepinkpowerranger
I had a personal training session (just as a one off kinda thing - but will check back in every month or two I think). It was really good. He set me up with a plan for doing a triathlon but to work on my strength and flexibility first because it's a while away... Felt like my abs were been ripped apart and my body was shaking during a lot of the exercises. Good stuff! The weights were challenging as well - was squatting with 12 kg in each hand which seemed quite heavy for example. Then once I was knackered from all this stuff, he made me do intervals on the treadmill but decided I wasn't knackered at 10 kph so put it up to 12. At which point I felt like throwing up, but I didn't and I finished the intervals.

Waw that was long, but I'm excited...

Well done :biggrin:

I die when things have ANYthing to do with stamina :tongue:

Hope you get good results, anyway :smile:
Original post by asparkyn
Same here :frown: Mine's not too good .. I'm exacerbating my problem by eating snacks throughout the day. It's exam week and I can't go out to exercise, and I have this hopeless habit of needing a chocolate cake or a chicken pie to get through the day. :sad:

Ah, I want to get bigger, so it's good for me :biggrin: I'm far too skinny right now :p:.

Quick Reply

Latest