Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akkuz
40 lost, 40 to go :smile:

Yourself?

Lost 9, 35 to go :smile:

How long did it take you to lose 40?
Original post by Sorani
I think he's trying to be funny.

I measured today an my waist is now down to 25 inches. I'm happy with that. I have reached my goal!!
Need to weigh myself at the gym next week to see how much I actually weigh!
I have all these classes booked which is gooooood.
Reply 363
Original post by unborn-soul
Lost 9, 35 to go :smile:

How long did it take you to lose 40?

Good stuff. Good luck with your goal, never give up!

Around 3 months. I was losing about 3.5 lbs per week. I train and eat religiously though.
I have failed this weekend so far! These past 2 days, I have ate pretty much nothing and when I have ate it's been crap! Decided to take a visit to Bath uni to see a mate. Back on track tomorrow though :smile:
Dammit, the beer when returning to uni in the last month has completely screwed me over.

Remind me to hit the damn gym at about 6pm!!!
Reply 366
Neofytos, 18 years old
Weight: 75 kgs
Height: 1,82.5
Goals: Get some (lot maybe) muscle.
Get under 10 percentage fat, i am 14 right now :O
Reason: ! I will look more hot, i think :P
Special Remarks: This Monday will be my 4th week eating healthy and going to gym. I already went from 71 to 75 kgs, and i also lost some fat at stomach :O. I ve already saw some difference, but i believe thats mainly because of the healthy diet. Btw, as my trainer told me, for 2 months, at gym i have a weak program, with machines and 3 exercises with dumbbells, so i get stronger. At December, i will go more pro :P free weight
(edited 13 years ago)
Ok, after about 2 months of solidly exercising a lot with a lot mroe in the last month or so i'm now noticing a serious difference. I used to be about 10 stone and then over the last year went up to 11 and the first thing my friend said to me yesterday was "you've lost the weight you put on last year". :smile: And some of my clothes are starting to feel a bit loose...

Exercise today was a quick 5 mile cycle to the pool then 34 lengths and then quick 5 mile cycle back. The swimming was VERY knackering, my arms/shoulders were dead after about 5 lengths....
Gym - weights/stretching/interval running today. Half a mile swim after. Going to hurt tomorrow.
Original post by thepinkpowerranger
Gym - weights/stretching/interval running today. Half a mile swim after. Going to hurt tomorrow.

I also did a half mile swim today. Have rep.

My arms were dead after like 0.1 miles...

How long did you take? This was my first proper swim and it took me over half an hour which is apparently very slow...
Reply 370
Original post by MHorman

How long did you take? This was my first proper swim and it took me over half an hour which is apparently very slow...

It's not speed, technique/intensity is important too. :smile:
When I was swimming regularly my best was around 1.75-1.8km in an hour which is a bit over a mile. Mmm
Original post by MHorman

You too.

About 15 mins. I usually swim a mile in 40 - 45 min, so maybe I'm getting faster...

The more you do it, the better you'll get. =)
Woop, stepped on the scales this morning and have lost 4lbs over the past 2 weeks and am now under 12 stone :biggrin:
Original post by nooneyouknow
Woop, stepped on the scales this morning and have lost 4lbs over the past 2 weeks and am now under 12 stone :biggrin:

Congrats :smile:
Reply 374
I gained 4 kgs in the first 2 weeks, and for a week now no weight gain :s-smilie: Is that normal? Or i need to eat EVEN more?
Original post by Neofytos
I gained 4 kgs in the first 2 weeks, and for a week now no weight gain :s-smilie: Is that normal? Or i need to eat EVEN more?

Are you trying to gain weight or lose weight? or are you trying to get a muscular body?
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Dammit, the beer when returning to uni in the last month has completely screwed me over.

Remind me to hit the damn gym at about 6pm!!!

Keke, so I went. My entire body feels destroyed now, including my bum (the meat, not the hole :shifty:)

I figure if I put stats up it'll help me stay motivated, and this seems like a good a place as any to keep track

Male
Weight: 118Kg (260lb, 18.6 stone for you old school peepz)
Height: 186cm (6'1")
Waist: 42 inches (i think, the bit around where your trousers sit, right?)
Chest: 45 inches
Shoulders: 55 inches
Goals: Basics, lose fat, gain muscle. Not too fussed about weight as long as I lose significant body fat. Proper fitting jeans are a bitch to find!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 377
Original post by unborn-soul
Are you trying to gain weight or lose weight? or are you trying to get a muscular body?

muscular body :biggrin:

I just checked it and i got almost 1 more kg ! 76 kg :biggrin:

EDIT: oh oh i just checked my body fat percentage and it say 10.2% ! Is this possible? From 16.1% to 10.2% in 4 weeks time :O ?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Neofytos
muscular body :biggrin:

I just checked it and i got almost 1 more kg ! 76 kg :biggrin:

EDIT: oh oh i just checked my body fat percentage and it say 10.2% ! Is this possible? From 16.1% to 10.2% in 4 weeks time :O ?

Unless you use calipers, body fa% is unpredictable. Ignore it. The mirror is a better guide.
Did another "4x4" class again, spinning class for 4 minutes then weights/pushups/squats for 4 mins. It's a killer.

Averaged 155 on the heart rate but that's because of the long transition periods which are like 45 seconds between bike and starting the other stuff...

Gonna be out on the bike thursday, may call in at the pool or may just get a decent length ride for a change...

Quick Reply

Latest