The Student Room Group

TSR BOOTCAMP, Numero Tres! - Let's Be Hot In 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
You know those things you usually use to walk, yeah? The things called....I think I remember the name.....l...l..legs?
I miss having them :emo:
20 minutes on rowing machine today. Or rather yesterday.
Stepped on the scales this morning -- no change in weight, but I did apparently lose an inch off my waist.

And now I'm more disproportioned than before!
Original post by asparkyn
Stepped on the scales this morning -- no change in weight, but I did apparently lose an inch off my waist.

And now I'm more disproportioned than before!

Don't be, weight isn't everything.

That's about the same as me so far.

According to the scales i've lost nothing but all my trousers are suddeny very loose around the waist. Which means we're losing fat so it's all good...

In bootcamp news, I got a spin class at 11, and have to go shopping which means a few miles cycling there/back as well...
Reply 404
Original post by MHorman

According to the scales i've lost nothing but all my trousers are suddeny very loose around the waist. Which means we're losing fat so it's all good...

In bootcamp news, I got a spin class at 11, and have to go shopping which means a few miles cycling there/back as well...

We?
Original post by rlw31
We?

Urm, me and my stomach?

Although i think i may have meant me and the person i was quoting, not that it makes much sense when i read it back to myself tbh.

Ahh well... That's the reason i don't do English anymore... It be difficult...:wink:
Original post by MHorman

Haha, that wasn't really what I meant, although you're right in saying that weight doesn't matter (in fact, i haven't lost any from the beginning of this bootcamp mission!).

Although I sincerely hope I don't lose anything more from my torso, that loss of an inch around my waist was really maddening. It seems like weight just melts off the top half, leaving the bottom half even larger than before!
I have a question for everyone.
How often do you go to the gym / do exercise?
And for how long?

:smile:

I need to work out some sort of routine.
I was going to go with my friend but she goes for two hours in one session once a week... I think 2 hours is too long for one session, but then once a week is not enough. Hmmmmm.

I'm going to weigh myself at the gym next week and I'm really scared!
Ahhhh I came back to visit my parents this weekend and this is the first time in weeks and weeks that I've eaten crisps, chococlate, cake and crap. I only ate is because it's there. I never usually buy that sort of stuff.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by StartSomething
I have a question for everyone.
And for how long?

:smile:

I need to work out some sort of routine.
I was going to go with my friend but she goes for two hours in one session once a week... I think 2 hours is too long for one session, but then once a week is not enough. Hmmmmm.

Every other day, ish, either 3 or 4 times a week, normally both days at weekends...

And for how long?

About an hour in the gym is the norm, depends what i'm doing though, if i'm doing intervals i'm dead after about 35 minutes... If i'm cycling to the pool then going swimming and cycling back it's more like an hour and a half all in...

One 2 hour session once a week seems wrong tbh. Once every other day is good because it gives your body time to rest/recover inbetween.
Reply 409
Joins*

Yeah, i had an operation in February, lost all my muscle and such and my metabolism completely f*cked up. I'm still an 8, verging onto a 10. I dont really need to lose that much, just a few pounds and tone up.
I just want to swim because the gym does not motivate me at all. Though i dont know if that will be enough?
Good thread OP. :yep:
Hmmm, you know this whole 'when you go veggie you lose weight' thing? Does that still happen if you're eating quorn etc?
Reply 411
Original post by steffi.alexa
Hmmm, you know this whole 'when you go veggie you lose weight' thing? Does that still happen if you're eating quorn etc?

It's no necessarily true, some quorn alternatives have fewer calories than meat but it depends what else you're eating. I got pretty fat when I ate whatever I wanted as a veggie :p:
Gym yesterday. =D Disappointed that only my calves hurt which I think is from from running yday and the day before, which means I think I should up my weights again... =|
Well, spinning class was good, different instructor this week and he was brutal.

It was a very intense class, what also didn't help is the fit girl next to me who i talked to for 5 minutes beforehand so i couldn't slow down because i didn't wanna look bad.:tongue:

I averaged 173 HR with a max of 188. That's about 10bpm higher than my normal spinning average...

Then a quick blast to the supermarket and back on the bicycle. Hit a 45.6mph top speed on a long downhill on the way home. Averaged about 163bpm for the cycles but it was only about 20 minutes there and 15 back so not that long.

Nice rest tomorrow and monday. :biggrin: Was going to go swimming but have soo much uni work to do it's crazy...
(edited 13 years ago)
Ahhhh I'm so pleased. So I went to River Island today and tried on a pair of tight jeans - size 12. They were way too big. So I had to go for the size 10 and still had room in them.
This made me very happy :smile:

But then I tried on a size 14 dress and it fit perfectly. No way am I a size 14 so I don't know why it fit so good.. maybe because it was clingy? :frown: But even if I say so myself I thought I looked good in it. And that was my aim - to be happy with the way I look :smile:
I'll be honest, I'm turning into one fat bitch.
Original post by steffi.alexa
I'll be honest, I'm turning into one fat bitch.

Well thats what this thread is for!! Do something about it!

I couldnt gym today coz my head was spinning from last night :redface: But tomorrow I'm gonna blaze it up. I did weigh myself 2 kg down from last week though. I dont see how thats possible, maybe it was the really big dump before I weighed myself :confused:
Can I still join even though I'm shockingly late to the thread?
Original post by homebythefence
Can I still join even though I'm shockingly late to the thread?

Go for it.:cool:

There's no rules or oraganisation...

Just make an intro post with current weight/details and what you're aiming to acheive then keep updating every other day or so with workouts or general feedback on how it's going..
Original post by StartSomething
Ahhhh I'm so pleased. So I went to River Island today and tried on a pair of tight jeans - size 12. They were way too big. So I had to go for the size 10 and still had room in them.
This made me very happy :smile:

But then I tried on a size 14 dress and it fit perfectly. No way am I a size 14 so I don't know why it fit so good.. maybe because it was clingy? :frown: But even if I say so myself I thought I looked good in it. And that was my aim - to be happy with the way I look :smile:

Congratulations! I am so incredibly happy for you, sweetheart! :smile: I'm now totally inspired to do the same!

Quick Reply

Latest