The Student Room Group

Discuss your 2010-11 UCAS decisions *HERE*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Dpax2max
Hi in your email did it say "from 4 alevels"
or did it specifically say "from 3 alevels plus one AS"

because I got the same offer- but for 4 Alevels (I am submitting 4)
and I'm unsure what that implies
It means that you can't drop one of those A levels - you said you were going to do four and your offer is based on the assumption that you will stick to that commitment.
Reply 141
Original post by nofish4u
Its for VIP trolls like me and gabby

:biggrin:
University: Loughborough
Course: English (Q300)
Date Application sent: 4th October
Decision: Conditional
Offer conditions: AAB (inc. english literature)
Your reaction: Very happy :smile: It's either my firm/insurance x

University: Birmingham
Course: English with Creative Writing (Q3W8)
Date Application sent: " "
Offer conditions: AAA
Your reaction: shocked! I didn't expect to get an offer from them as they were my only AAA university, it was just a last minute change from Leicester's q300 course. but now I'm excited about visiting it x
University: Southampton Uni
Course: Aero Engineering/ Spacecraft Engineering (H493)
Date Application sent: 21st October
Offer conditions: AAA
Your reaction: Very happy ^_^ - will be my insurance if either Surrey or Imperial reject me.

University: Sheffield Uni
Course: Aeronautical Engineering (H404)
Date Application sent: 21st October
Offer conditions: ABB
Your reaction: Happy but now annoyed that I only applied for the BEng, I'd have liked to apply for the MEng with pilot training, or MEng with a year in the US.
Original post by HappySarah28
I got the offers from the same places as you, so you never know we could be comparing notes x

I did notice :biggrin: congratulations! :smile: It's nice to see someone who applied to the same places for the same course as me tbh, started to feel like I was the only one. :rolleyes: x
Hey Guys,

I got two conditional offers today, one from Keele for Law w/American Studies and another from Canterbury for just American Studies which I'm very, very pleased about. I sent off my application on November 10th :smile:
Reply 146
Anyone getting offers from Stirling and/or Edinburgh? I'm looking to send my UCAS off this week and was wondering how quickly I may hear from them. Good luck folks :smile:
Reply 147
Two unconditionals today for Computer Science at Nottingham and Sussex. UEA one came through last week too :biggrin:

hii ii reapplyed this year after getting rejected for veterinary last year (...all rejections by this time last year acctually xD soul distroying) but this years going beter =] ive got offers from lincoln, uwe and rvc for bioveterinary! anyone els doing the same corse?? =D (if you are please quote me soo i can see =] tahhh)
Reply 149
hey ive recently applied for the A104 courses at UEA and Manchester, ive just received an e-mail with a contextual criteria but havent had any indication whether they want to give me a place, has anyone been given interviews or a place yet?
Original post by James9876
University: University of Leeds
Course: English Language and Literature
Date Application sent: 21/10/2010 (offer received 13/11/2010)
Decision: Unconditional
Offer conditions: N/A
Your reaction: Very pleased that my first response was an offer. It's my third choice but I'd be more than happy to end up there!

unconditional!!!!!!!!!! thats so good! what were your predicted grades?
Original post by Tracey88
University: Durham
Course: Accounting and Finance
Date Application sent: 5th November
Offer conditions: N/a
Your reaction: YAYYY, first offer! :biggrin:

well done! :biggrin:
Has anyone received an acknowledgement off Cardiff University for the Psychology with professional placement course & now an offer/rejection? If so how much longer do I have to wait any ideas? I'm obsessing! haha.
Reply 153
Hi, i wondered as alot of you have offers, how long it takes once your ucas has been sent off by the school to getting track? thanks.
Reply 154
Hi there,

I got an offer today providing I met the following conditions -
This offer is subject to you obtaining:
GCE A level
Grades AAB
*a pass in the Welsh Baccalaureate Core will be acceptable in lieu of the A grade at GCE A Level

Does this mean that I can get an B in any of my three subjects? No subjects are specified. Also if I fail my WBQ will I still be accepted? Thanks!

Just need some clarification. :smile:
Reply 155
(Quoted from the UCAS Decisions thread)

Original post by mysterious1
unconditional!!!!!!!!!! thats so good! what were your predicted grades?

I've already got my A-Levels - I'm in my gap year now. I got A*AA.
Reply 156
Original post by Wezzler
Hi, i wondered as alot of you have offers, how long it takes once your ucas has been sent off by the school to getting track? thanks.

try as soon as it has been processed (it says whether it has in apply)
Original post by sophielou92
I did notice :biggrin: congratulations! :smile: It's nice to see someone who applied to the same places for the same course as me tbh, started to feel like I was the only one. :rolleyes: x

Maybe it s fate!

I have applied for Swansea now too. I changed one of my courses as I didnt want to go to the University I had orignally applied for.

So this these are the final choices.

UWE Conditional Offer Psychology (C800)
UWIC Conditional Offer Psychology (C800)
University of Glamorgan Conditional Offer (C800)
Swansea (Not Acknowledged Yet as changed course)
Bristol (Acknowledged)
Original post by Felix101
University: University of York
Course: History (V100)
Date application sent: 14th November
Offer conditions: (I already have A*A*AA)
Your reaction: My fourth choice, but yay at least I have an offer! :smile:

you sent your app on the 14th??
Reply 159
Original post by MainAccountBanned
you sent your app on the 14th??

Err...October :rolleyes::colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending