The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Apologies if I seemed disrespectful, but it would've been a little easier if you justified the uncle part as I'm sure me and others are not really knowledgeable about this type of religion. Regardless, I think it is shocking that a parent could dominate who you have a relationship with. Did your dad only find out? It's a little peculiar that 1)he found out only now after 2 years of being in a relationship or 2)knowing that the both of you were in a relationship and being abrupt and taken action now :s-smilie:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
I recon your in skul. Well kid still a long way to go. Since dad is the hitler you can't go against him unless your legal and have enough for a living. I'm a Muslim myself and in our law you have the freedom to choose and marry whoever you wish regardless of whoever is against your decision. Ofcourse it is also said in many Islamic books that after Allah it should be your parents whom you should give priority. But from the thread I get you are currently in skul and bf have not finished the degree yet. Need a lot of time, and yesh money is definately a matter.
You don't call someone uncle, it's "boss", innit.
Your still a kid, Love is a strong word.
Original post by I-love-life
Hey as u can see from my previous thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1479372)

MY BF IS NOT MY CUZ< HE ONLY CALLS MY DAD UNCLE TO SHOW HE RESPECTS HIM, IT's A MUSLIM/ASIAN/ME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't say that it's an "ASIAN" thing because it's not, it may be the case for muslims though but you can't say it for Asians since there are many different types of cultures just in that general category.

I don't know any asians that let there boyfriend call their dad's "Uncle".
How old are you? Any possibility of moving out and living with your bf? Though I guess that would mean choosing between him and your family....

I guess its a bit late now but did you try denying he was your bf? Or saying the person who saw you was lying?

x
Pray the gay away.
Reply 47
Original post by Makubex
I recon your in skul. Well kid still a long way to go. Since dad is the hitler you can't go against him unless your legal and have enough for a living. I'm a Muslim myself and in our law you have the freedom to choose and marry whoever you wish regardless of whoever is against your decision. Ofcourse it is also said in many Islamic books that after Allah it should be your parents whom you should give priority. But from the thread I get you are currently in skul and bf have not finished the degree yet. Need a lot of time, and yesh money is definately a matter.

we are both doing A2, moving out in sep and not enough money :frown:
You may love life, but your children won't when they have no thumbs.
Reply 49
Original post by pink_flower
How old are you? Any possibility of moving out and living with your bf? Though I guess that would mean choosing between him and your family....

I guess its a bit late now but did you try denying he was your bf? Or saying the person who saw you was lying?

x

hey, im 19, no way i can move out now..yes i did try to deny he was my bf, but the dude , saw us kissing and leaving together, i tried denying but i was fed up with all the lies and thought i'll come clean and tell them truth, but never thought he would make me break up with him :frown:
how the hell is she a troll? this event was devastating to her of course she'll remember it word for word.

i dunno what to say love. see him behind ur dads back!
Africans and Asians do call their family friends Uncle and Aunty. You need to be around them to know.
Reply 52
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Number Seven, Plus or Minus Two.

According to Miller.

george miller '56.... cant believe i remembered that haa
Reply 53
Original post by Beska
Uncle? :lolwut:

The girl I sit next to in my English seminars is for real engaged to her cousin.

Muslim thing, maybe?
MY parents are muslim, they are against the whole bf/gf thing

So they expect you to stay single forever or?
Reply 55
Original post by BBYoungLady
how the hell is she a troll? this event was devastating to her of course she'll remember it word for word.

i dunno what to say love. see him behind ur dads back!

hey, well my dad has confiscated my phone and he has a photocopy of my coll timetable, he will drop me and pick me up everyday :frown: we go to different colleges and there is no way i could see him during my breaks as we both have different timetables :frown:
Reply 56
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
So they expect you to stay single forever or?

no, they just think im too young to have a bf, ffs im 19 :frown:
Reply 57
hey, well my dad has confiscated my phone and he has a photocopy of my coll timetable, he will drop me and pick me up everyday :frown: we go to different colleges and there is no way i could see him during my breaks as we both have different timetables :frown:

Doesn't he have a job to tend to or something?
Original post by BBYoungLady
Africans and Asians do call their family friends Uncle and Aunty. You need to be around them to know.

Yes they do, but they when they're dating another person they don't have their boyfriend call their dad "Uncle".

I am asian and none of my asian friends do that. Saying all asians do that is too broad of a generalization since I don't doubt that there are some cultures that allow that.
Original post by avéry
Don't listen to the other idiots. I understand what you meant.

Anyway, if I were you, I would've walked out by now. But then again, I am bias (since I've done it already). I'd give it a week or two to settle down and then if your dad can't see sense then I'd think very carefully about your next move. You obviously love him and your dad shouldn't be standing in the way of that.

You can not BE bias. You can only be biased.

Latest

Trending

Trending