The Student Room Group

to all the muslims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Don't you mean 'for the love of god'?
Anyways, i am using a mobile device whose keyboard is way too small

God seems like your oppressor. If not, reject the culture, not the religion.
Reply 61
Original post by ash92:)
yes, you're right there. i guess it's just discouraged because one thing leads to another really. the guy and girl might not stay within their limits and stuff.

They should be mature enough to stay at their limits. There's no such thing as 'get married straight away' in Islam. It's just encouraged not to stay unmarried for too long. She can get to know someone before getting married to him and see how they click.

Me, personally, I'm really picky and small things can really, really turn me off. I would need time to decide if I could really spend the rest of my life with a man.
i'm not gna start another thread because I can identify with this 1 yagetme
basically I fancy a muslim guy n I dont know the best way to approach so what should I do fam
i'm a guy btw
Reply 63
Original post by Love My Fiance
no, your wrong, how on earth could you say marriage comes first? so your stupid enough to marry someone you don't even know if you love them?? well mate, if you wanna have an unhappy loveless marriage then by all means do, but the way you think is so backwards, this is the 21st century people marry for LOVE

I agree that people should know the person well before getting married.
But note that, although people in the 21st century marry for LOVE, more than 90% get divorced. I don't think they know what love means anymore. Sometimes love may not be enough so they should also look for other qualities and not marry just for the sake of 'love'.
Reply 64
Original post by KingofSpades
i'm not gna start another thread because I can identify with this 1 yagetme
basically I fancy a muslim guy n I dont know the best way to approach so what should I do fam
i'm a guy btw

Are you muslim? And is he?
just get married to her if u like her that much because muslim men can marry non-muslim women and so ur not sinning.. and who knows in time she might convert :biggrin:
Original post by Nash24
Are you muslim? And is he?

yeh he a muslim yano, n I want to haram him blad
Reply 67
yeh he a muslim yano, n I want to haram him blad

Opps I meant do yo know f he likes you of If he's gay??
Original post by Anonymous
im 21, never had a bf bc its haram but i am fed up of being single. What can i do?
Plz cnt advise me to disregard or quit my religion. Also, i would never use a website for single muslims. I prefer a traditionsl approach. My big problem is tht it is difficult to approach me as i am scared of committing a sin. I dnt want to disrespect my religio but i really want to love and be loved.

i really dont see why a relationship would be haram if there is no sex,no kissing or even bare physical contact involved?
i have muslim friends who have headscraves and proper religous and they have bf's..though idont know about their relationship if they dir=sregard sometimes..
but yh if you had an understanding bf with no sex why would it be bad??

expand please :frown:
Original post by Nash24

I wna put my Shahada in his Mecca, but dno if he will go for an ugly troll like me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBUQhONS68
x

Stop trolling, dude :yy:
Original post by ProfessorS
Stop trolling, dude :yy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcXXpssBFVM

everywhere I go I encounter trollism. I came to the united states to escape the persecution of my own country, where they would put poison upstream of our bridges. I come here to work as an honest troll, but have found no solace. there is no place in this world for a dreaming troll like me.
Original post by OceanSoul
I agree that people should know the person well before getting married.
But note that, although people in the 21st century marry for LOVE, more than 90% get divorced. I don't think they know what love means anymore. Sometimes love may not be enough so they should also look for other qualities and not marry just for the sake of 'love'.

yes there is truth in what you say, never has there been more divorces than in the 21st century, its because people mostly fall for whats on the outside rather than whats on the inside, you cannot marry someone just because you find them attractive, beauty is skin deep, I think marriage should also be based on the foundations of friendship not only love, it should be based on compatibily and how welly ou get on with your partner, a spouse should also be your best friend :smile:
Reply 73
Tell your parents you want to get married
Reply 74
Original post by Nash24

He's fooling around. Ignore him.
Reply 75
ah, being a Muslim in the west...

I'm not a muslim but my bf is...
I would suggest that you should draw the line on what you are willing to do and how far you are willing to go.
If you decide to break the "no dating" rule and date someone, let them know how far you would be willing to go.

If you decide to not date, then you just gonna have to wait and then get an arranged marriage I suppose?

I know that marriage between muslim women and non muslim men is not allowed, but I'm sure some muslim women would still do it. Would you be willing to do that?
Because if you were to date, you'd have to choose a muslim man too, right?

I wouldn't think that simply dating is so wrong, as long as you know what you're doing.
Good luck!
Get engaged, get to know your partner well, if you get along with each other really well then get married?
Another person wasting their life because of religion... sad
Original post by Peace0fM1nd
PM me.

why are you begging?
Reply 79
Original post by Blue Rose Bowl
Another person wasting their life because of religion... sad

If they don't see it as a "wasted life", then it's not a wasted life.
and it's not "sad".
It's just the way they've chosen to live their lives.

I bet that some Muslims believe that living by the western values of drinking and one night stands is a "wasted life".
:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending