The Student Room Group

How many pressies do your parents give you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CookieDoughLove
You don't sound too enthusiastic :p: not like surprises then?

haha if dads bought it yes, if mam then nope lol she has totally different taste in clothes, jewellery etc which is what it will be. Im hoping dad has done it then hopefully will have a mac or ipad
I normally get one big thing and about 10 little things, but this year I have no idea what I want, and my mum's been in hospital pretty much since September, so I'm not getting anything this year.
Reply 22
Normally just one gift: money.
I don't think I've ever got 40 presents. Not even when Father Christmas brought them for me!

I'm 19 and for the past few years I've gotten about 10-15. I don't really ask for stuff so I just get things my mum has seen and thought I might like.
I see I am not alone with Dudley Dursley coming to mind :cool:

But 30-40!? :eek: I usually get one more expensive item and then a couple of smaller things like books or bath stuff etc.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25
Is anyone else sitting here thinking wtf? This isn't even total presents, it's presents from parents alone. I don't get any presents from my parents, but I thought it was normal for most people to get up to about 5 or so? Bloody hell.
I get one present each from them..i thought this was the norm? Surely getting more presents per person is a little spolit, materialistic & extravagent? Do you get them 30-40 presents? Christ...

I have 10 family members and we just get each other a present within our own personal budget. Even my 15yr old brother does it!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Hooovan*
Is anyone else sitting here thinking wtf? This isn't even total presents, it's presents from parents alone. I don't get any presents from my parents, but I thought it was normal for most people to get up to about 5 or so? Bloody hell.

We had these 2 kids (who were between 5 and 7) who stayed over at christmas once, and they got a total of about 50 presents, but they couldn't be bothered opening any more after about 20.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It would vary but not that much. You get 30-40 from your parents alone?

NUTS! You beat me to quoting Dudley :mad: :laugh:.

And here you stop receiving as many presents when you turn 18. Well in my family anyway. "Oh you're an adult now.". I get few presents, but I don't really care.
(edited 13 years ago)
40?! From parents?!

I generally get something 'big' (a couple of years ago I got a new coat, for example) and then a few extras such as books or whatever.
Reply 30
One main present and at least 15 other presents, usually more.
Original post by chemical_bex
What the freak. 30 - 40?
I normally get one big 'un, like a phone, or console, and like 3 or 4 other things, books/dvds etc.
My god. 30 - 40. Seriously?

Yup. I thought that was about average from parents!

Hmm, did you get the same as a child? Or is that something that has changed since you've grown up?
Original post by Hooovan*

Im feeling the same. I look forward to xmas as it means time off, seeing family, big meal, fun & memories...

Hmm, did you get the same as a child? Or is that something that has changed since you've grown up?

It's always been that way. One big thing and a couple of wee things. Is that 30 - 40 small things?

You must have wealthy parents :colondollar:
Reply 34
my parents split when i was younger so get 2 lots of presents and i dont get a set number each year. my mum spends £100 on me and my sister each and we can have what we like whether its 1 big present or several smaller ones, the amount we get depends on how much they each cost. we also get a stocking each which contains things like sweets, small gifts and toiletries. my dad gives us money and also gets us a few small presents so we have something we can open on boxing day when we go out for a meal with him.

iv never thought to count how many i get though, as long as i like the presents i dont care how many i get tbh.

Why would someone get more presents because they're a child?!
Well this year I'm getting 36.. but last year I got 37, so I'm MAJORLY peeved.
Original post by Subcutaneous
Why would someone get more presents because they're a child?!

Santa clause lol
Reply 38
LOL

hahahaha

ahaha

still LOL'ing

STILL

still

lol

lmfao...

jheeze'
Original post by Subcutaneous
I get one present each from them..i thought this was the norm? Surely getting more presents per person is a little spolit, materialistic & extravagent? Do you get them 30-40 presents? Christ...

I have 10 family members and we just get each other a present within our own personal budget. Even my 15yr old brother does it!

Well it's from my Dad only really because I haven't known my Mam until this year. But yes, I do give him that much in return.

I thought it was the norm to get loads, hence my confusion when I spoke to those people who said they got around 10.

For those who get around 1-10 gifts, is this something which has decreased because of age or has that always been the norm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending