The Student Room Group

Help! Question about grade requirements

I just received a conditional offer from Lancaster requiring 'Grades AAA including Mathematics'... I'm doing four A-levels, so if I get AAA as well as a B in Maths would I still meet their requirements?
No - the AAA would have to have a maths grade within it.
I'm afraid not matey they probably would like a few years ago when there were way less applicants but this years is going to be tough and if you don't meet your offer, slim chance of getting in.
Reply 3
My offer also mentions 'Alternative conditions' of AAB for basically the same course but without a year abroad... does anyone know what that means exactly?
Original post by odrh
My offer also mentions 'Alternative conditions' of AAB for basically the same course but without a year abroad... does anyone know what that means exactly?

Seems fairly obvious - it means that you'll need AAA to go on a year abroad, and AAB to do the course without the year abroad.
Original post by odrh

You need AAA (including maths) to get onto the course including the year abroad. If you get AAB they'll still take you, but you don't get to do the year abroad.
Reply 6
Original post by TheSownRose
Seems fairly obvious - it means that you'll need AAA to go on a year abroad, and AAB to do the course without the year abroad.

Thanks, I know that seems obvious... but since it's a different course than the one I applied to, if I didn't meet the AAA requirement and got AAB, would I still get in even though I didn't apply for that course?
Original post by odrh
Thanks, I know that seems obvious... but since it's a different course than the one I applied to, if I didn't meet the AAA requirement and got AAB, would I still get in even though I didn't apply for that course?

If they've made it part of your offer, then it means that you would get in with AAB, you just wouldn't get to do the year abroad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending