The Student Room Group

Do you know anyone who is completely Asexual?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm not asexual, I love girls. But I'm not one to be overly open to many people about my love life. My family thinks about me the same as you think of your brother. They think I'm a wierdo because I haven't brought a girlfriend round or spoken about anyone to them. But I don't really know what their problem is, my step dad makes gay jokes (even though I don't act gay) and my Mum acts like a lost puppy when asking if I've got a girlfriend.

If he's gay or asexual, it doesn't really matter, he'll still be happy so that's all that really matters right?
He is only 21, which I know most people have had girlfriends by then, but perhaps he has just never clicked with a girl (or a guy) before, in which case there is no point having started a relationship with someone you don't feel attracted to. Or perhaps he is just private about those kind of things and (no offense) but doesn't particularly want to talk to you about it?
Reply 22
My cousin is nearly 20 and he has never expressed even a remote interest in relationships. He doesn't seem like he's 20 though, he's quite short, thin, childish... just plays video games all day. I went over his house the other day and he was eating the exact same meal as his 10 year old sister (A few smiley faces and chicken dippers). He hasn't grown up, literally.
Maybe he just thinks he can't get girls that's why he is scornful. Does he get attention off girls how does he react if he dies? Has he ever spoken about girls like said wow she had a nice arse?
Reply 24
I'll tell a little bit about his personality. He is very intelligent but mostly on an intellectual level. He still behaves in a way that most people would percieve to be quite immature. Even though he's away at Uni most of the time, looking after himself. When he comes home my mother in particular treats him as if he is a child, which he seems to encourage. He is ridiculously analytical and scientific about everything so his attitude towards sex really surprises me, when you think that its so important. I don't think he is interested in non-sexual romantic relationships either.
Reply 25
I know someone who is completely asexual, yet, every time we go out on a night out with him, he continually gets off with everything he sees. In a forced way sometimes. And it's not a pretty sight.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Guy Secretan
Maybe he just thinks he can't get girls that's why he is scornful. Does he get attention off girls how does he react if he dies? Has he ever spoken about girls like said wow she had a nice arse?

He has definitely never mentioned about any girl having a nice arse! I think even if someone else said that it would annoy him, for example, he does have a sense of humour but if I am watching a program like Peep Show and The Inbetweeners, when they talk about girls or sex, he will storm out of the room.

He does get attention from girls, I think this is mostly because he is so nonsexual they don't find him threatening. But in the same way, if they started talking about a guy they fancied I think he would get annoyed.
Reply 27
Yeah, he's called Lactobacillus.
Reply 28
Original post by Liam_G
My cousin is nearly 20 and he has never expressed even a remote interest in relationships. He doesn't seem like he's 20 though, he's quite short, thin, childish... just plays video games all day. I went over his house the other day and he was eating the exact same meal as his 10 year old sister (A few smiley faces and chicken dippers). He hasn't grown up, literally.

there is nothing wrong with smiley faces, food always tastes better when it's in the shape of something :biggrin:

edit: why the hate on smiley faces, some people obviously didn't have their turkey dinosaurs today
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
I think I am, I'm superficially heterosexual but have literally no interest at all in the pursuit of relationships. I would take being called bookish as a compliment....
Give them ten minutes with lovely_me, and I'll see what I can do. :sexface:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, im asexual, as is my boyfriend. I actually find it better for me. It allows me to have a laid back approach to life, and coincidentally met my boyfriend who also feels the same (we met as friends and tried a relationship only to figure we had the same mindset to things, and after researching it we realise it was asexuality). There really is nothing wrong with it. I dont feel like I have to conform to the 'sex' that everyone else seems desperate to be a part of. It doesnt mean he cant be happy, so dont worry about it :smile:
although it sounds more to me like he could be gay :/

So basically you're just good mates then? :pierre:
Reply 32
Original post by Drumzilla
there is nothing wrong with smiley faces, food always tastes better when it's in the shape of something :biggrin:

Oh I agree, Alphabetti Spaghetti is much tastier than Spaghetti Spaghetti :yep:
Reply 33
Original post by Captain92
I know a guy (18 years old) who has never masturbated, never had a girl or boyfriend and never kissed anyone.
He has aspergers, which might be related to the aversion to most forms of physical contact, but he says he feels no sexual urges towards either sex.
He is a brilliant friend though.

I just looked at the entry for aspergers on wikipedia and it pretty much describes my brother exactly. Surely he would have been diagnosed with this if he had it though?
Reply 34
Original post by rememberme
I just looked at the entry for aspergers on wikipedia and it pretty much describes my brother exactly. Surely he would have been diagnosed with this if he had it though?

He could have a mild form of Asperger (I knew someone who had it), but you're right, it's usually something that gets diagnosed a bit earlier.

However he could have a schizoid personality disorder, which is much more common and often not recognised unless the person affected seeks help by themselves, since it doesn't prevent you from leading a normal life. look it up.
I haven't had anyone admit it, but am sure I know some people who might be. :holmes: Unless they're holding back for now to not commit sin.
Original post by lovely_me

Original post by lovely_me
Give them ten minutes with lovely_me, and I'll see what I can do. :sexface:

That'd put them off sex for life.
Reply 37
Sure would be an easier way of life.
Original post by Crazy Paving
That'd put them off sex for life.

You would m8.
i'm asexual. (in the human sense of not being attracted to anyone.) i'm not attracted to guys, girls, animals, plants, food or furniture. a lot of people don't believe me, think i'm gay, etc. it doesn't mean i dont want a relationship, just not a sexual one. i might seem aloof when i talk about sex but as i've never had urges for it and i haven't experienced it myself i can't really understand the desire because it's hard to believe it's as strong as everyone makes out. but then again, i cna believe it because so many of my friends have sex, or want to, or have contracted diseases or gotten pregnant because of too much sex. although, my mate rhys says there's no such thing as too much sex.

sex, to me, seems kinda gross. as it did to everyone in primary school. the difference is that i still don't want to have sex, everyone else from my primary school class does.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending