The Student Room Group

Are guys serous when they say they prefer slim girls to big girls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Maybe you're just ugly :teehee:
Original post by Roo Bix

Original post by Roo Bix
What Medilord insighted. I don't think fellas go about 'finding' long-term relationships in the same conventional way as girls do, commonly. It's not incredibly desirable for most men. But if a girl does come along possessing both sexual attraction and engaging personality, you can expect a man to direct his attention and focus on her.

And by engaging personality and sexual attraction - what do you mean? (For future reference).

After all, if a man would not go into a relationship with a blonde bimbo - what is "sexual attraction" with regards to a long-term relationships?
Cant JUST be slim lol

Have to have a nice face and good personality too (Y)
Reply 83
Original post by Roo Bix
Are you trollin'?

Tbh, I wish I was but I'm not :sigh:. I just have some funny thoughts sometimes, and it's easy letting them out behind anon. Really, I am having these problems and I'm desperate for a solution.
Reply 84
Original post by im so academic
And by engaging personality and sexual attraction - what do you mean? (For future reference).

After all, if a man would not go into a relationship with a blonde bimbo - what is "sexual attraction" with regards to a long-term relationships?

Engaging personality is when a girl is able to say and incline thought-provoking content through discussion and in a social environment. The ability to relate, listen. So simple put, she is able to start or continue good conversation. But it's not just conversation, her character will be one that isn't entirely transparent, wanting us to know more (this is a large reason as to why girls proclaimed as the 'hard-to-get' ones make us dizzy).

Sexual attraction isn't all about being a blonde bimbo. Blonde 'bimbos' don't do it for me because, (without making a generalized, ignorant statement) they are fairly transparent, relating back to what I said above. It's more than big boobs and a nice ass really. It's the winks, the smiles, her allure.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by Anonymous
Tbh, I wish I was but I'm not :sigh:. I just have some funny thoughts sometimes, and it's easy letting them out behind anon. Really, I am having these problems and I'm desperate for a solution.

PM me if you need to talk.
This just confuses me. Because I'm slim, decent figured, yet I hardly ever get male attention. Yet, I know big girls who get guys so easily. Not that I'm saying this is a bad thing for them, I personally don't have anything against big girls. It's just what I hear in general from the media and online about "big being disgusting and slim being sexy", is very opposite to what I've been observing in my real life. And I am slightly puzzled :confused:

Thoughts?

Big girls attract ugly guys and sadly most guys are ugly.
Reply 87
Stupid question, but how does a male find a long-term relationship partner?

I've not succeeded yet, but my educated guess would be to go to pubs and clubs.

A 2007 YouGov study reported that 70% of those polled met their current long term partner while "going out to pubs and clubs". 19% met on dating websites.
Original post by Roo Bix

Original post by Roo Bix
Engaging personality is when a girl is able to say and incline thought-provoking content through discussion and in a social environment. The ability to relate, listen. So simple put, she is able to start or continue good conversation. But it's not just conversation, her character will be one that isn't entirely transparent, wanting us to know more (this is a large reason as to why girls proclaimed as the 'hard-to-get' ones make us dizzy).

Sexual attraction isn't all about being a blonde bimbo. Blonde 'bimbos' don't do it for me because, (without making a generalized, ignorant statement) they are fairly transparent, relating back to what I said above. It's more than big boobs and a nice ass really. It's the winks, the smiles, her allure.

Any further advice? :colondollar:
Original post by .Ali.
Different guys like different things.

Also, it's not only the size of someone that people look at. Confidence, personality, sense of humour, things in common etc. All have a lot of bearing on it.

2nd part :facepalm:
Reply 90

Yes. Get some rep. :zomg:
Reply 91
Original post by LLandersUK
2nd part :facepalm:

What's wrong with that? Being 'attractive' is the whole package, not simply having a good body.
Reply 92
I can't believe the typo in the word 'serious' :facepalm:

Thank you all for your useful answers.
Reply 93
ot that I'm saying this is a bad thing for them, I personally don't have anything against big girls. It's just what I hear in general from the media and online about "big being disgusting and slim being sexy", is very opposite to what I've been observing in my real life. And I am slightly puzzled

That's because it isn't actualy true, men like curvy women with nice bouncy boobies. The publications that criticise women for being a normal helthy weight are stuff like hello and ok. WOMENS magazines, that's where the presure to be skiny comes from it's not our fault.

Be yourself.
maybe this bigger girl puts out? thats why she gets more attention
Having a gorgeous body/face is only part of the equation. It's been said a million times on this thread, but a guy ain't gonna go for someone unless he feels a connection to them on a level other than physical attraction. Focus on having a personality, independence and don't look like you're seeking to "get guys" because that's a massive turn off.

Confidence = turn on

Arrogance = MASSIVE turn off
Well as a big girl I agree with the fact that big girls have to work 10x harder to please and attract a guy because most guys seem to prefer slimmer girls, esp. ones who are easily led by the media. I however am NOT forward at all. I am actually the quiet, shy big girl, which is why i attract guys despite my size because I do not give off the "I need attention, look at me, look at me!" Kind of vibe and eventually because of my personality they don't even acknowledge my size, they just see me for me. The reason why some slim girls get upset when big girls get guys that they like is because slim girls think because they're slim, they are ENTITLED to the best giuys out there. They think all they need to do is look slim and pretty and then the male species will chase them. Maybe before but not any more. Men are asking for more from their women. If a big girl can provide that support, love, comfort etc that a man needs, then slimmer girls need to fix up cos if you think about it, slim girls have it easier, because all they have to do is learn how to be compassionate and then they have any guy in the bag - unless they are ugly. I'm just tired of this "Oh she's big why isn't she single?" kinda attitude. It really gets to me.
(edited 13 years ago)
This just confuses me. Because I'm slim, decent figured, yet I hardly ever get male attention. Yet, I know big girls who get guys so easily. Not that I'm saying this is a bad thing for them, I personally don't have anything against big girls. It's just what I hear in general from the media and online about "big being disgusting and slim being sexy", is very opposite to what I've been observing in my real life. And I am slightly puzzled :confused:

Thoughts?

What you like and what you can get are 2 different things. I would like to go out with a Holly Valance clone but i know it won't happen.
Reply 99
Original post by BBYoungLady
I'm just tired of this "Oh she's big why isn't she single?" kinda attitude. It really gets to me.

Oh, I didn't mean like that at all. Like I said, I have nothing against big girls. In fact, I find some of them quite beautiful. I just find it strange when I hear so many people in society say that slim is seen as more desirable than big, yet I am seeing quite the opposite from my own experiences. It was a niggling thought that I just had to get out there.

And in all honesty, like you, I am quite shy and quiet myself, and that seems to do nothing in attracting guys :frown:. You must be just luckier that me. Thank you for your post :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending