The Student Room Group

driving test sat but have lost paper driving licence counterpart!!!

does it matter? what should i do?

i have the photocard id. what else do i bring? passport?

Scroll to see replies

You need it, they won't do the test without it.
i don't think they will anyway.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
They wont let you do it without and you havent got time to order a replacement, better start turning the house upside down! :biggrin:
Reply 3
SH******T.

do i also need to bring pasport as ID? i think for my theory they asked for 2 forms of ID? omg
Reply 4
You need it - tear your house to shreds looking for it
Reply 5
You don't need a passport.

You just need the photocard and the paper counter-part.

You'd best get searching!
Reply 6
i hope i havent thrown it away!! it got really ripped up and grubby and stayed in the bottom of my bag for ages then i took it out.

if it is VERY dishevelled and/or torn can i still give it to them? do i get a new one when i pass?
Reply 7
If you find it, look at what the first three words on it are. They're put there for a reason.
Reply 8
i lost my counterpart and got my test tomorrrow 10am what shall i do guys will they let me do the test.
Reply 9
Original post by al_habib
i lost my counterpart and got my test tomorrrow 10am what shall i do guys will they let me do the test.

Well in case you hadn't read the others posts: no, they won't.
Reply 10
I had a house fire 2 days before my driving test and therefore didn’t have my counter part ( I had the licence as my friend was borrowing it for ID lol) and it was 2 late to cancel my test so I rang the DVLA and told them what happened and they let me do the test without the counter part but I have to bring my passport, a utility bill, my nation insurance card and the police reference number for the house fire. I would ring them and your situation to them and see what they say, I mean the house fire would have had A LOT to do with it but you can do the test without the counter part as long as they know before hand otherwise you need to cancel and rebook your test.
Reply 11
Original post by MissSasha
I had a house fire 2 days before my driving test and therefore didn’t have my counter part ( I had the licence as my friend was borrowing it for ID lol) and it was 2 late to cancel my test so I rang the DVLA and told them what happened and they let me do the test without the counter part but I have to bring my passport, a utility bill, my nation insurance card and the police reference number for the house fire. I would ring them and your situation to them and see what they say, I mean the house fire would have had A LOT to do with it but you can do the test without the counter part as long as they know before hand otherwise you need to cancel and rebook your test.

Obvious solution: burn your house down. :cool:
Reply 12
Original post by Potiron
Obvious solution: burn your house down. :cool:

Looool I actually passed that time aswell you would think all the stress would have made me fail HAHAHA I actually lost the counter part before that and the house fire was just a brilliant cover up since it happened at the same time LOL but yeah the DVLA were ok about it
Original post by al_habib

It's really important. You can't do the test without it.
Reply 14
I actually lost the counter part before that and the house fire was just a brilliant cover up

I smell arson around...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Potiron
I smell arson around...

im im a good girl :smile: haha
Original post by shinytoy
does it matter? what should i do?

i have the photocard id. what else do i bring? passport?

HAHAHAHA You are SCREWED! LOOOOL

You need the counterpart, otherwise you can't do nothing. A passport won't do jack sh**. If you aint got no counterpart, you aint gonna be able to do the test! So, I suggest you book the next test and start planning how to get the ££ back :smile:
Reply 17

if i give them a call around 8am will they let me do the test which is 10am
Reply 18
guys have you got any reason to cover up counterpart loss so that i may do the driving test
Probably not if you want the honest answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending