The Student Room Group

BTEC National Diploma (Level 3) - equivalent to a-level grades?

I'm wondering, what is a BTEC National Diploma Level 3 equivalent to in terms of a-levels?

I'm on track to receive triple distinction which is 360 UCAS points, but what exactly is it equivalent to compared to a-levels?

I am thinking three C's?

Please help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
an A at A Level is worth 120 ucas points so I suppose it must be worth 3 A's
Reply 2
Original post by mosmof
I'm wondering, what is a BTEC National Diploma Level 3 equivalent to in terms of a-levels?

I'm on track to receive triple distinction which is 360 UCAS points, but what exactly is it equivalent to compared to a-levels?

I am thinking three C's?

Please help!

naa it would be the same as in terms of UCAS points AAA
Same as AAA at A-levels :smile:

Keep on track and get triple distinction :biggrin: well done
It would be worth 3 As in terms of UCAS points, but you'd have to check with universities to see if they considered that as a replacement to A-levels.
Reply 5
Well done. It is definitely not worth 3 Cs at A-level as you'd be at a major advantage over someone who achieved those grades. I have not done A-level or BTEC at Level 3 but I guess that the latter is slightly easier. I'd say it's worth ABB or BBB in terms of work? I don't know. I don't think universities care much.
I am currently studying Btec national Business certificate. I was wondering how many distinction u need for a DM. I currently have all M across all 12 of my units.

Another question r u allowed to redo distinction work, or how many times r u allowed 2 redo distinction work?

:confused:
Original post by mosmof

I am thinking three C's?

Please help!

It's AAA at A Level :smile:
Reply 8
AAA at A level. I'm on track for a triple distinction too :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by fullmetal610
I am currently studying Btec national Business certificate. I was wondering how many distinction u need for a DM. I currently have all M across all 12 of my units.

Another question r u allowed to redo distinction work, or how many times r u allowed 2 redo distinction work?

:confused:

you would have to get 6 merits and 6 distinctions to achieve a distinction distinction and have you finished the course?
if you have no you can not redo the coursework but im doing medical science btec certificate and ive had plenty of time to do distinction tasks as well as merit but there is a looming deadline :s
Original post by humbug5678
you would have to get 6 merits and 6 distinctions to achieve a distinction distinction and have you finished the course?
if you have no you can not redo the coursework but im doing medical science btec certificate and ive had plenty of time to do distinction tasks as well as merit but there is a looming deadline :s

nope we havent finish but my teacher is saying it is against the rules of edexcel to redo destinction wrk :mad: and we got 3 months left before i finish year 13
Reply 11
nope we havent finish but my teacher is saying it is against the rules of edexcel to redo destinction wrk :mad: and we got 3 months left before i finish year 13

it is for some places, depends on the actual course tbh.
Reply 12
for the question about your btec, it depends on your tutors and how they feel.

thanks for the replies.. so do the first year of your a level ucas points not get added together with the second year?

like im fairly intelligent (not being big-headed) but i did choose to do a college course, not sixth form and people are saying its so unfair i get 360 ucas points etc but i agree with them because sixth formers put so much work in and theres me, heck, i do sod all, i just do the assignments :/
Reply 13
Original post by mosmof
for the question about your btec, it depends on your tutors and how they feel.

thanks for the replies.. so do the first year of your a level ucas points not get added together with the second year?

like im fairly intelligent (not being big-headed) but i did choose to do a college course, not sixth form and people are saying its so unfair i get 360 ucas points etc but i agree with them because sixth formers put so much work in and theres me, heck, i do sod all, i just do the assignments :/

This is an on going debate, some believe BTECs learn more etc.
Reply 14

oh i dont understand that. most teachers would want you to get the best you can cause it reflects well on them so this dont make sense to me. :tongue: sorry your teachers are weird. :/
Reply 15
Original post by humbug5678
oh i dont understand that. most teachers would want you to get the best you can cause it reflects well on them so this dont make sense to me. :tongue: sorry your teachers are weird. :/

Sometimes they are just following the rules, its not fair to let people redo work multiple times to get a higher grade.
thanks humbug.

we only had one attempt at the distinction and that was the first time we tried. I asked a teacher on this forum (different thread) he said we should have at least one more try to get the distinction .
I really hope this thread won't be a start of arguements between Alevel and BTEC students. There are many snobs on TSR who will be willing to join this.

BTEC NATIONAL DIPLOMA (Level 3) are, according to UCAS, give you 320 points which is the same to AAA at A levels. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by street.lovin'
I really hope this thread won't be a start of arguements between Alevel and BTEC students. There are many snobs on TSR who will be willing to join this.

BTEC NATIONAL DIPLOMA (Level 3) are, according to UCAS, give you 320 points which is the same to AAA at A levels. :smile:

sall right, I pointed out that there's already a massive thread on it lol
Reply 19
Original post by street.lovin'

:tongue: u mean 360?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending