The Student Room Group

Would you *ever* give up your ideal dreams/future/career for your perfect partner?

Scroll to see replies

Probably perfect partner, I think that'd make me happier than a career. I could be wrong though, maybe I'd hate not having my perfect career if my life played out like that.
Original post by Janey142
Some people's lives don't revolve around their job and theres nothing wrong with wanting children when your nearly 30, it's a natural desire for most. It's just down to the individual. For me, I wouldn't like to be say 35, alone, no children and have a stressful job but that's just me. I'd rather have a job to pay the bills, and have other people than myself to care for, which I see as more selfless than doing what I want and reaping the benefits for only myself.
well if you PRODUCE those other people, caring for them isnt selfless, it is a moral obligation. You aint doing no-one a favour. And a job need not be streassful, nursing, teaching etc all are fulfilling and selfless. Plus i dont get how girls say omg whem im 30 ill be married. How can you choose when to meet mr riht? Or do they just get desperate and settle? Plus alot of gals plan their whole lives around a dude, break up, repeat. Bimbos i tell yah, its as though feminism never happened. Id like a nice dude but im not settling for mr ok-ish desperate to have babies. Id rather be single than contribute to the growing divorce rate too.
Who needs a perfect partner when I could become a total bitchin' rockstar from Mars and have hot girls all over me?
Perfect career + Practice polygamy with multiple acceptable partners :Ahee:
Reply 604
Original post by im so academic
But life does.

NOt sure if you mentioned it in the thread but what does your ideal future consist of i.e whats your ideal career
Original post by IlexBlue
And from that I'm assuming it didn't end well.

Teenage romances never end well. :wink:

You'd be naive to think otherwise.
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary

Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Mate I have to be honest. Madara's idea is pretty ****ing smart. Mugen Tsukuyomi, not bad at all - there will be no malice in th world - I don't really disagree with it at all.

Yeah I've fine man, I hope you're up to date with everything :biggrin:

Off course ive been keeping up. I didnt think the manga would be released this though, because of the japan tsumani thing. I just cannot wait to see sasuke's new techniques and also all the dead akatsuki members fight. If kabuto kills itachis personality no one would be able to stop him, because he has never demonstrated his full potential and yet won all his battle, even against sasuke when he didnt intend on winning, he still won. Then collapsed after poking sasuke forehead due to being extremely low of chakra/ ms overuse/illness.

Also pein is bound to demonstrate more rennigan techniques when its akatsukis turn to attack.
Also this thing keeps on bothering me. Remember back before kabuto joined madara, he threatened to revive a ninja by summoning their coffin. This ninja must be something else for madara to be this scared and accept kabuto's proposal. The only person i could think to scare madara this much is the sage of the six path, but there is no way kabuto could have gotten his dna, in order to make the technique work
Reply 607
Perfect career.
Original post by omnom515
no. if they were perfect they'd support my aspirations and i wouldn't have to sacrifice them :smile: after all if i'm going to be working for a good 40 or so years i want to be happy with my career - what's the point of working just for the sake of earining money?

This.

As cheesy as it sounds, wouldn't a "perfect" partner be someone you could share your dreams with - not someone you'd have to give them up for?

It's a whole package. :tongue:
Original post by shinytoy
well if you PRODUCE those other people, caring for them isnt selfless, it is a moral obligation. You aint doing no-one a favour. And a job need not be streassful, nursing, teaching etc all are fulfilling and selfless. Plus i dont get how girls say omg whem im 30 ill be married. How can you choose when to meet mr riht? Or do they just get desperate and settle? Plus alot of gals plan their whole lives around a dude, break up, repeat. Bimbos i tell yah, its as though feminism never happened. Id like a nice dude but im not settling for mr ok-ish desperate to have babies. Id rather be single than contribute to the growing divorce rate too.

Agreed. And I would argue, I'd rather be "alone" [just because you don't have a husband, it doesn't mean you're alone] that be trapped in a marriage I didn't want to be in for the sake of following what society expects of me.
Original post by stellanocte

This.

As cheesy as it sounds, wouldn't a "perfect" partner be someone you could share your dreams with - not someone you'd have to give them up for?

By "perfect", I meant the aesthetic and the "personality" qualities you desire in your future husband.
My perfect future is having a perfect partner :h:
this.

agreeedd. :d
By "perfect", I meant the aesthetic and the "personality" qualities you desire in your future husband.

but surely if you find a guy who won't make you sacrifice anything for him that makes him pretty appealing personality-wise? :smile:
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
I'd give up both of them and do a PhD at Oxbridge. I know you love that :coma:

My answer was similar. Something along the lines of just going to school forever.

Of course you can.

But when it comes down to it, which would you rather have and/or which is more important to you?

ok but then what did you want to come from this? Both seem pretty close right now 50/50 going up and down on both ends...

I'd choose ideal future because it doesn't mean that you can't have "love", love comes in different forms, Having the ideal future I could still have close friends and family in that way without the "perfect partner".
I honestly believed there would be no gender difference.

The city has historically been male-dominated. It's probably beginning to change now but I'm sure the ratio is still male heavy.

I spoke to my dad about this since he used to work in the city. He put it down to men (generally - I know this is an overgeneralisation) tending to be more competitive and more single-minded than women are. Men have a more black and white view of the world, compared to women's tendency to respond to things proportionally. As a result, driven males may be more likely to go hell for leather to get to the top, often at the expense of other aspects of their lives.

It's not necessarily healthy, but there you are.
Reply 617
Perfect partner, my work ethic isn't that good anyway.
I had the choice between partner and future. I picked future.
Reply 619
I already have my dream partner :colondollar:

so both **** you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending