The Student Room Group

City, RHUL or QMUL?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Chucklefiend
I made it clear in my OP on this thread that I'm not a Computer Science student, and therefore, not in a position to give advice on the specific department:

"Surely it has to be Royal Holloway. I'm not familiar with reps for computer science, but in terms of overall rep RHUL is substantially above the other two."

All my comments and sources have all been aimed squarely at the overall reputations of the universities.

You are still wrong, and you still haven't given any proof for this. Even overall RHUL is no more prestigious than QMUL and City. The irony is QMUL and City have their famous strengths, and I am not aware of any of RHUL's strengths.
Reply 21
**** me, you are one smarmy self-satisfied little ****.

Well done, you made a valid point, it's just a shame you had to be such a dick in the process.

Edit: Also, let me remind you, I'm talking about overall university reputation, not specific departments.

Best admittance of defeat EVER. :biggrin::rolleyes:
Original post by Ilustrius
Best admittance of defeat EVER. :biggrin::rolleyes:

In a sea of sewage I found an island of reason, congratulations.

Edit: I did of course provide evidence, but just for you, I'm going to start a poll asking people which of RHUL, QMUL and City are most reputable. As reputation is based upon opinion this should provide some sort of evidence.

Oh and neither of us are permitted to vote and I'm going to make it a public poll, so no cheating.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
In a sea of sewage I found an island of reason, congratulations.

Edit: I did of course provide evidence, but just for you, I'm going to start a poll asking people which of RHUL, QMUL and City are most reputable. As reputation is based upon opinion this should provide some sort of evidence.

Oh and neither of us are permitted to vote and I'm going to make it a public poll, so no cheating.

How is reputation relevant? We've already established the reputation between each institute is negligible. Your original statement is in fact wrong, if you're going to get all pedantic about it.

Surely it has to be Royal Holloway. I'm not familiar with reps for computer science, but in terms of overall rep RHUL is substantially above the other two.

Your poll should be "is Royal Holloway substantially above the other two. You'll find that you are wrong. And it is utterly moronic to select RHUL over QMUL or City based on reputation alone, because frankly RHUL isn't any better than the other two, especially because it isn't perceived as any better by employers.

We've already established that QMUL and City have the better Computer Science departments, and what is the OP going to study?

Even if you do find that RHUL is perceived as more reputable than QMUL and City, so what? It's still not a prestigious university, and is regarded as less reputable than Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick, LSE, Durham, Manchester, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Bristol, Bath, York etc.
(edited 13 years ago)
How is reputation relevant? We've already established the reputation between each institute is negligible.

Reputation is what we've been arguing about this whole time. :confused:

In your response to my original advice to the OP you refuted my claim that RHUL had a better reputation overall than QMUL or City:

Surely it has to be Royal Holloway. I'm not familiar with reps for computer science, but in terms of overall rep RHUL is substantially above the other two.

No it's not. Not at all. They're all roughly the same. Royal Holloway is good, but so are QMUL and City. They're all traditional universities, just not the prestigious ones.

We've already established that QMUL and City have the better Computer Science departments, and what is the OP going to study?

This is not, and never has been, my concern. My only concern was defending my initial assertion.

Even if you do find that RHUL is perceived as more reputable than QMUL and City, so what? It's still not a prestigious university, and is regarded as less reputable than Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick, LSE, Durham, Manchester, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Bristol, Bath, York etc.

You know precisely what this poll will show, so you are making pre-emptive excuses. I could not care less about your arbitrary and inconsequential definition of "prestigious". Once again, my only concern is supporting my initial claim that RHUL is overall more reputable than QMUL or City. I'll post you the link to the poll when it closes. :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25

You know precisely what this poll will show, so you are making pre-emptive excuses. I could not care less about your arbitrary and inconsequential definition of "prestigious". Once again, my only concern is supporting my initial claim that RHUL is overall more reputable than QMUL or City. I'll post you the link to the poll when it closes. :wink:

Oh the irony. Is that not a pre-emptive statement itself?

You mention you're an Imperial College student which is a blatant lie. You firmed Royal Holloway to do Biochemistry about a week ago:

Biochemistry
Unconditional offer (already met ABB offer)
Looking forward to practical laboratory work.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1559811

Don't lie. You are not an Imperial College student, you're not even in university yet. This explains precisely why you're so biased towards Royal Holloway. Face it, you're not intelligent enough to go to a prestigious university. Your dire command of the English language highlights this.
(edited 13 years ago)
Your dire command of the English language highlights this.
:biggrin:

I look forward to the results of the poll. :colone:
Hi! I will be a QMUL student next year, and I most definitely recommend it as opposed to the other two (no bias here....lol)

But honestly, I study abroad, and QMUL has an international reputation of excellence. Royal Holloway and City may be good unis in London, but where I'm from, people know QM's only! Computer science is really an international degree...if you intend to be successful, you will most likely be working all over the world. If you go to an employer outside of the UK or an international employer, they may not even know what RHUL and City even are. QMUL provides you with the reputation to help get you a job beyond university!

Therefore, my vote is (and will always be) with QMUL over any other uni!!! :biggrin:
QMUL the worst of the three.
Tie between City and RHUL.
TBH though, these days a postgrad is important in getting a good job, so I'd go to the place you prefer and would be more motivated to get good honours in.
Reply 29
:biggrin:

I look forward to the results of the poll. :colone:

Have a look again. :rolleyes:

Face it, you weren't good enough to get into a prestigious university and you're spewing hatred as a result of that.
Have a look again. :rolleyes:

Face it, you weren't good enough to get into a prestigious university and you're spewing hatred as a result of that.

"Last edited by Ilustrius; 2 Minutes Ago at 13:28" So you edited it, what's your point?

Hatred? When exactly have I said anything hateful?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending