The Student Room Group

Playing it cool vs. constantly talking to her?

There's a girl I like who I've been speaking to for the past 2 months, and she has shown a fair share of signs of interest in me...when she's not come across as nervous and shy...!

However, she's been speaking to this guy at College a lot the past week or so, she posted on his wall once for the purpose of striking up a conversation, and in response to a message he posted on her wall she invited him to the canteen at College with her mates for lunch. When he said he wasn't in til 1 she insisted that he should come along. Although I suppose they are still in the phase of getting to know each other.

The thing is, literally everything she posts on Facebook, whether it's a status or a post on a mutual friend's wall, he's quick to respond to. As in, give it two minutes and there'll be a comment left by him. She responds quite reasonably, being fairly jokey and possibly a bit flirty (though there's a thin line between banter and flirtation...) But he comes across as quite clingy I suppose, and in her face.

So I was just wondering if this will wear thin after a while, and if she'll get annoyed, and if I should start to play it cool around her, as this may attract her from the other guy?

How should I go about playing it cool, if so?
You've left it two months lol - Oh lord.
Reply 2
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
You've left it two months lol - Oh lord.

I've tried getting her out once or twice, but she's always been busy with work etc.

There's also the factor of being at College together and whatnot.
Reply 3
I think you lost her mate.
Reply 4
Maybe so, but it was just the week before that she was being notably VERY flirty towards me.
Reply 5
If a guy played it cool, I'd figure he wasn't into me
Reply 6
Original post by No Future
If a guy played it cool, I'd figure he wasn't into me

This
Reply 7
Yeah you can't be too keen, but if you try to be all cool and distant all the time then they will assume you don't like them, just like you'd feel if it were the other way round. You're going to have to be extra flirty if you still like her though cos it sounds like she is chatting up this new guy.
Reply 8
Do both.
Sounds like you've been friend zone'd and she likes this other guy...
If you really like her, go after her right now before the other guy steal her from you.
Reply 11
You only play it cool when you know for a fact that she's hooked on you. Do NOT play it cool right now, you've got competition.

Get talking to her, see if she's still flirty and all, she might still have interest.

Then again, many girls are naturally flirty and you may be misinterpreting her like a virgin phaggot
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
I've tried getting her out once or twice, but she's always been busy with work etc.

Original post by vpsycho
I think you lost her mate.

This.
Theres a balance between playing it cool and being clingy. Find this.

"Playing it cool" results in girls thinking you're not interested and consequently writing you off - unless she's far more interested in you than you are in her, which tbh, is probably not going to end well either.

Being clingy, while flattering at first, quickly because irritating and I'd personally look for the quickest way of boying you off, presuming that I'm not really that into it.
Reply 14
Spoke to her today, she was OK and everything but not as talkative as usual.

The new guy went off with two mates of his and she said "He's a really nice guy but why does he always bum them two?"
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
Spoke to her today, she was OK and everything but not as talkative as usual.

The new guy went off with two mates of his and she said "He's a really nice guy but why does he always bum them two?"

Maybe hes gay.

Oh wait, it wasn't literal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending