The Student Room Group

Ladies: How do you feel about your body? At peace or at war?

Scroll to see replies

hate my body i'm like a size 10-12, i don't feel curvy just fat. absolutely ashamed to let any guy see it cos i feel disgusting. tho i did used to have an eating disorder so my perceptions probably skewed, and i just know i'll always hate the way i look.

i do feel a bit better though cos i've put on a ton of weight since uni and i've lost 2 stone :] one more stone would be a lot nicer tho
Original post by Anya~
size 10 in the UK or a US size 8
on a good day.....6/10
on a bad day........2/10

it's a hard knock life :/

a us 8 is a uk 12 by the way
Reply 122
Original post by Anonymous
Alright. I'm kind of bored and I have to go shopping this afternoon since it's Spring now. And as always I'm absolutely bricking myself because I know I'll have to face the changing room mirrors soon. 3 way mirrors, bad lighting, having to ask a smirking assistant for a size bigger. I threw a shoe at my reflection the last time. I missed. Fml.

I hate my body. I hate having to pay £30-£40 for a bra that looks like a straitjacket. And I hate that I cannot wear the clothes I like because the skinnies have a monopoly on all the good stuff. I hate that all my friends are taller and willowy. Right now I'm 38-24-38 at 5''9.5 (curvy/banana?) but I want to be 34-24-34 or something that is at least thin before I start uni. I'm ashamed to say I care more about those numbers than the AAA offers I need to meet.

Slim girls, how do you maintain your figure? Is it as difficult and miserable as they say?

Curvy, don't you feel overly sexualised? Don't you hate feeling like a heifer?!

All girls, how do you feel about your body? Ratings out of 10 please? I think I would give mine 3/10 because I grew from 5"5 to 5"9 in the past year which has helped elongate my body. That is about it.

Mods: Anon or delete. Don't move it to Fashion and Beauty please because it's more about our insecurities than fashion. Thanks.

Curvy girls are so hot, embrace yourself and your htness
I'm currently a UK 4/6, though I tend to wear an 8 and have it a bit baggy seeing as it's so hard to find smaller sizes. I'm 5'6.5" and so just a bit too tall for petite sizes. Love my body though. It's only a recent thing, seeing as up to the age of 17 I was almost completely flat chested and shaped like a boy with no noticeable waist/hip definition at all. (i.e. I looked like a rectangle D:smile: I'd probably give myself a 9 or 10 out of 10, as there isn't much I'd want to change at all! ^w^

To maintain this I eat hell lots of junk food and do minimal sport... I'm one of those people who lucked out with metabolism. I go to the gym 4 times a week, mostly based around weights - but for fitness and strength so if anything I put on weight, not lose it. I also walk about 1 1/2 miles every day, but I don't think this does much for my figure either. To be perfectly honest, the only thing I think I do that makes the blindest bit of difference is taking the pill, as I'm fairly sure I can attribute most of my bra size to that. xD
I'm relatively happy with my body.

However I dread walking past mirrors because I really hate my face (and sometimes hair, although that isn't as bad).

And there's not a huge amount I can do to change my face :sad:
Well, I'm odd. From the front I look pretty slim, until I turn sideways and you discover that I have a backside about four times as large as it should be for a girl my size and age. :L It doesn't match the rest of me, and if it made sitting down more comfortable I wouldn't mind, but since it doesn't, it's a bit of a pain. But although I'd like to be more toned and fit, I'm actually pretty happy with my body, and I just avoid dwelling on my bad points and try not to look at them in the mirror if I can help it. I'm not properly curvy or properly slim, and I'm on the short side (5"2) and my tall friends insist on calling me a midget, but since I know a fair few people who are smaller than me I just ignore them. I count myself as really lucky that all the crap I eat hasn't really caught up with me yet, but I know it will soon enough, and I want to avoid that.

To all those people with eating disorders, I hope you pull through it, and to anyone else who's unhappy with their body, just remember that you don't have to look like a model to be pretty, whether you're more or less curvy than you'd like to be. (I think a fair few models are overrated actually.)
Original post by sweet_disposition
hate my body i'm like a size 10-12, i don't feel curvy just fat. absolutely ashamed to let any guy see it cos i feel disgusting. tho i did used to have an eating disorder so my perceptions probably skewed, and i just know i'll always hate the way i look.

i do feel a bit better though cos i've put on a ton of weight since uni and i've lost 2 stone :] one more stone would be a lot nicer tho

Wow. 2 stone's really good! And 10-12 isn't fat. That's completely normal, trust me. :biggrin: I'm a 10-12 as well. :biggrin: So are half the people I know.
Original post by MissLightyear
At the risk of sounding full of myself ...
I love my body! Im 5ft'8 and 10 and a half stone with quite an athletic figure (do alot of cycling and play rugby - and no i dont look like a she-hulk) and the best thing about the cycling, my legs look great in skinny jeans! :wink:

Seriously, if you enjoy the exercise and get a bit of muscle (you wont look like a man seriously!) you'll feel great. Even healthy food can taste great!

I'm the same :smile: Totally happy, I don't have a problem keeping my weight as it is. I'm 5'1 and usually 48kg but I'm down to 42kg now :frown: I have a reasonably healthy diet. I've lost 6kg over the last few months (stress and being ill) and I'm trying to gain some weight now but I'm generally pretty happy. I used to hate my boobs, 32A but I don't mind them now. I've started at the gym the last 2 weeks to get some muscle/get stronger too.
(edited 13 years ago)
How women are supposed to be:

j.k

My kinda woman:

:sogood:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending