The Student Room Group

What to do if you dont meet any offers?

Hi there... I applied to total of five universities and i received 3 offers and a rejection in total.. However, my A-level grades doesnt meet the offer.
i.e my grades are BBB

Liverpool asking for ABB
Manchester asking for AAA
South ampton asking for AAB

What to do? I dont see any options as of now.. Should I just wait for clearing? Or is it a good way to email the three university? Please do advise :frown::frown::frown: Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by jhyeo900
Hi there... I applied to total of five universities and i received 3 offers and a rejection in total.. However, my A-level grades doesnt meet the offer.
i.e my grades are BBB

Liverpool asking for ABB
Manchester asking for AAA
South ampton asking for AAB

What to do? I dont see any options as of now.. Should I just wait for clearing? Or is it a good way to email the three university? Please do advise :frown::frown::frown: Thank you!
Do you mean that you resat your A levels in January and BBB is what you've come out with? I am assuming that you got these offers on the basis of an application stating that you were taking resits -

If that is correct, you seem to be awaiting one decision, though? If you get an offer from that and it's BBB, you could try picking Liverpool as your firm (in case there is flexibility on Results Day) and using the BBB as your unconditional insurance. It depends what the course is, as to how likely Liverpool will be to accept BBB on the day.

Alternatively, to be more proactive, you can sign up for resits in June, since you have until 31 August to meet the conditions of any offer you accept. In the current climate I don't see any of these unis accepting BBB now, and it's not very likely they'll accept it on Results Day either. At least this approach would mean that you are doing something positive.

Alternatively, if you don't want to or can't resit, you can decline these offers and go through Extra, picking courses with entry requirements on or slightly below what you are offering.

Theoretically, you could contact the unis to let them know about your results, and can then ask them if they are willing to accept BBB. However, it is unlikely in the extreme that anyone other than Liverpool would even consider it. The almost certain response from Manchester and Southampton will be 'no chance, not even on Results Day'. As you are only one grade away from Liverpool's offer they might respond 'can't say until Results Day' - but it will depend on which course we are talking about, and their response could just as easily be the same as Manchester or Southampton's. I'd say that there is no chance that Liverpool would accept BBB now and make your offer unconditional, but there's nothing to stop you asking them if they will!

See the Extra FAQ for information about how it works (stickied at the top of the forum).
Reply 2
Hmmm... I am a korean and I took A level in Singapore. I took a level during november last year and I got my results early march. Currently I dont think I can sit for A level due to my commitment in Chinese Mandrin here in Korea. May I know when is the Results Day in UK? I have already contacted Liverpool a week back or so and yet to hear any news from them. (Hopefully they are thinking hard...) Somewhat in singapore, there is this subject called Project Work does take some effort and is a year long project. I managed to get B for that particular subject as well. Do you think the fact that I am not a native speaker of English, the fact that I can speak three languages and that I have gotten B for project work do any help? Thank you so much for your help!

P.S. I applied for law by the way :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by jhyeo900
Hmmm... I am a korean and I took A level in Singapore. I took a level during november last year and I got my results early march. Currently I dont think I can sit for A level due to my commitment in Chinese Mandrin here in Korea. May I know when is the Results Day in UK? I have already contacted Liverpool a week back or so and yet to hear any news from them. (Hopefully they are thinking hard...) Somewhat in singapore, there is this subject called Project Work does take some effort and is a year long project. I managed to get B for that particular subject as well. Do you think the fact that I am not a native speaker of English, the fact that I can speak three languages and that I have gotten B for project work do any help? Thank you so much for your help!

P.S. I applied for law by the way :colondollar:
As an international student, provided you meet the language requirements, you may find there's a bit more leeway than there would be for home students, where the government applies very strict limits to numbers. It's impossible to say whether your language skills and the extended project will help or not.

Results Day is 18 August this year -
Reply 4
Thank you so much for your effort! It has been a great help :smile: I sincerely appreciate your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending