The Student Room Group

BMI/ dress size please girlies

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
I have a BMI of about 29. I'm a size 16- 18 and want to be about a 14 (possibly lower but don't think that's gonna happen lol).

I was wondering what my BMI would have to be for me to be that size, so thought I would ask you guys for a little comparison. I know everyone is different but it could be interesting.

Here's a good BMI calculator: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bmi_calculator/bmi.shtml

So all I really want to know is your BMI and UK dress size.

BMI isn't really helpful, neither is dress size. I think mines somewhere between 18-19 (it was 18.5 last time I checked so I'm just giving an estimate) and I'm an 8-10.
Reply 21
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Your BMI will not always necessarily correlate with your dress size as it is dependant on your height so it's not a great measurement.

In any case, my BMI is about 22 and I'm a dress size 10.

Exactly. I have a BMI of 24 and I'm a dress size 6-8.
BMI- 27 (heffaaa)
Dress size - 10 in tops and dresses, 12 in trousers.
Reply 23
my BMI is 20.5 (i'm 5 ft 8 & weigh 62kgs) and i'm a size 8 - 10, although own a few size 6 things and a few size 12 things so it totally depends...i don't really think you can trust bmi, and also size totally depends on the shop! :smile:
I have a BMI of 30, but fit in sizes 10-16 depending on the shop. Very little 10, obviously! I'm usually a 14/16 on the bottom and a 12 on the top.
However, it seems that i'm pretty uusual in this, and people with lower BMI's wear bigger sizes... and no, before you ask, I don't have to squeeze into my clothes and have a massive muffin top!
Original post by Ilora-Danon
My BMI is: 22. Clothes size 8.

My BMI used to be 30. Clothes size 16/18.

Wow, well if you can do that then so can I - well done :biggrin:
OP, my BMI's 34.. I'm a size 18 :frown:
My BMI is 22 and Im a dress size 10-12 and 5"8.

I dnt believe in bmi as i know people (guys) whos bmi says theyre obese when they are actually slim!
Reply 27
Original post by babes :)
seriously? are you really muscly??

Lol no , i'm just really heavy :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by daisydaffodil
Wow, well if you can do that then so can I - well done :biggrin:
OP, my BMI's 34.. I'm a size 18 :frown:

I agree! And hey, daffodil, you're lucky if you can fit into a size 18 if your BMI is 34 but then everyone says it does depend a lot, I reckon if I was that weight (nearly 18 stone lol I'm tall) I would be about size 22 :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Liyah
Lol no , i'm just really heavy :frown:

well your dress size is quite average so you can't be that big?
BMI is 20.5 and I'm a size 8! Although in Topshop today I was a 12. I'm always at least one size bigger in Topshop...
Reply 31
18.2 and a size 6, I'm 5 ft 4 :smile:
23.5 and size 10/12. Was 19 and size 8. Also 30 and size 18. It's varied over the years. :P

I'm 5'7".
Reply 33
Original post by babes :)
well your dress size is quite average so you can't be that big?

Usually im not that big and more of a 12 but exam stress is making me eat loads so i'm more of a 14 right now and feeling a little tubby!
urm, my BMI is 18.1 (5ft9, 8st12) and im a size 8 - 10 :smile:
Reply 35
26: 14 on top, 16 on bottom.... 5"5'
And I don't like tight clothes, so I suppose I could get into a size smaller on each, if I wanted to go for the whole 'muffin top' look...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
Mines 28 and a size 12

Used to be 44 size 20/22
My bmi is 19.3 and I am a size 10
14 and size 6/8/10
Not sure about my bmi think it's between 19-20 (haven't weighed myself in a while) and I'm 5'7.5"

dress size 8-10, occasionally a 12 in really tight things cos i have a bit of a round tummy and quite big hips

Quick Reply

Latest