The Student Room Group

Wrong To 'Like' Another Girls Facebook Photo?

:/
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think your girlfriend has issues. You only 'liked' it for Christ's sake :lolwut:
yeah, tell your girlfriend to stop being over protective and loosen up
Reply 3
Original post by swarfliam
She says its a 'girl rule' and that i shouldn't like any other girls photo.

Get out of the relationship while you can, she strikes me as crazy... as for liking a picture, its fine :smile: unless she was in some super hot pose and nude or something... I'd still like it personally :tongue:
You weren't wrong to like it imo, but some girls can get really freaked by stuff like this :/.
I think she's over-reacting but there is definitely an implication in liking it and it's not quite as innocent as you present it to be. Look at it from her point of view, it makes it seem like you're saying "Oh yeah, you look really hot in this picture" and looking at her sexually. Now, I can imagine you'd see the issue in real life of saying to your GF that you find another friend attractive, well, it's the same thing online. That may well have not been entirely the reason why you liked the picture, you might have just thought it was nice but from another person's point of view, it may not appear like that.
What type of picture is it?

If its a "sexy" one, your bad, if its a funny/impressive scenery etc one, your gf's bad.
It's got a girl rule I'm aware of... :lolwut: surely you should be free to do what you want?? :smile:
Dump now. This can only end in bloodshed
Reply 9
Original post by lazy smurf
What type of picture is it?

If its a "sexy" one, your bad, if its a funny/impressive scenery etc one, your gf's bad.

It's not a sexy one no. She is pretty yes, but it's a not a typical hot picture. No flesh or anything, she's actually kinda chubby!
"Liking" = fine

Comment along the lines of "looking sexy :wink:" = not so fine
Your gf sounds like a psychopath.
Reply 12
Forgot to say,

she's always been very untrusting, and is her going onto my girl mates profiles and looking at their photos as untrusting as i seem to think it is? or am i overreacting?
Reply 13
Unlike your girlfriend?
Reply 14
got yourself a stage 5 clinger there mate
Reply 15
It depends on the photo. Obviously a sexy photo would not be okay, but even if it is just showing her straight up and down, you are actually 'liking' her. If it's a picture from a funny situation or something that will obviously attract everyone's situation, then surely it is fine.
Reply 16
Original post by swarfliam
Simple really.
I 'liked' a picture of one of my best girl mates photos on Facebook, a girl who is also in a long term relationship with her boyfriend.
My girlfriend, in apparantly randomly looking on my profile and then my friends profiles, found i had liked this photo and got incredibly pissed.
She says its a 'girl rule' and that i shouldn't like any other girls photo.

You may have seen by my previous posts on here that my girlfriend has serious trust issues, but just wondering actually if i shouldn't have done this? I personally think its fine! I wouldn't give a damn if she liked a photo of some of her boy mates, i would if she liked a photo of one of her ex's, but this girl and I have never been romantically involved.

Grrrr.

It's fine. I would set her straight tbh.
Reply 17
Ah facebook and the dramas it can produce! Facebook is so dangerous for relationships lol!

Explain to her that nothing was meant by it and why you liked it. I.e. why the girl is not competition for her.
I could see why she'd be pissed if you clicked the 'touched myself over' button, but you only clicked 'like'.

Your girlfriend's weird.
Original post by *Lollo*
It depends on the photo. Obviously a sexy photo would not be okay, but even if it is just showing her straight up and down, you are actually 'liking' her. If it's a picture from a funny situation or something that will obviously attract everyone's situation, then surely it is fine.

This, I don't see the point of liking someones picture unless you think they are attractive (male or female) or it is a funny pic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending