The Student Room Group

Mum takes my money without asking!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
WTF, If she'd asked, fair enough, I probably would of said yes. BUT I EVEN SPECIFICLY TOLD HER NOT TO ****ING TOUCH MY MONEY IN THE MORNING.

She already owes me around £200, now £250.

How should I go about getting this money back? :angry:

250 seems to be too less to be stolen from a guy like you.:rolleyes:
Reply 41
Original post by Peace0fM1nd
See, this is why the english culture makes me laff. Your mother fed you, clothed u, sheltred etc. and in the end you whinge over a petty £200.... see in the asian culture we make it a duty to pay back every penny to our parents and more. big deal if she took your money and knows your pin, are you implying your mums a thief?! i can understand if your on hard times but at the same time i gauranDAMtee that your mum will pay it back so stop whinging and fix up.

It's not like she's asking for it, she's just taking it, and how the hell do you know she'll pay him back?
There's no point in changing the pin, she always opens my letters and I'm never around when the post arrives!

:angry:

Dumbass. Try reading what people are saying. You can change the pin at any cash machine. No letters are involved.
Request a change of pin, ask for the letter to be sent to a friend/family member who you can trust not to open it. They give you the letter, you learn the pin then burn it.
See, this is why the english culture makes me laff. Your mother fed you, clothed u, sheltred etc. and in the end you whinge over a petty £200.... see in the asian culture we make it a duty to pay back every penny to our parents and more. big deal if she took your money and knows your pin, are you implying your mums a thief?! i can understand if your on hard times but at the same time i gauranDAMtee that your mum will pay it back so stop whinging and fix up.

Oh don't worry it works both ways, we laugh at your way round it too. Be indebted to your parents? For what, bringing you into this world? Not like you had a choice about it.

If you read his first one you'd see he wouldn't have a problem with it if she was asking and all, it's the not knowing that's the problem, that can cause fair problems when you can't ever know how much money you've got left in your account. See in the English culture we value politeness.

Also, no, you don't know his mum, you can't guarantee anything.
Sell her stuff to the value of what she owes you :h:
Original post by Jallenbah
It's not like she's asking for it, she's just taking it, and how the hell do you know she'll pay him back?

What makes me laugh more is that people on here have advised OP to report it and get her own mum done for fraud! LOL
Reply 47
What makes me laugh more is that people on here have advised OP to report it and get her own mum done for fraud! LOL

That's silly I agree, but you can't seriously believe that it's ok for her to take kids money without asking?
put on your best italian american accent, and take a lead pipe and smash her knee caps
Original post by CB91
Dumbass. Try reading what people are saying. You can change the pin at any cash machine. No letters are involved.

Exactly that.
Reply 50
try going to the bank and changing your pin face to face, explain the situation, maybe using a sibling in place of your mum? You'll need some sort of identification when you do this, and calmly explain to our mum that you're sick of heer dipping into your money when you don't respect her account whilst she seems to abuse yours.
Original post by Evil Monkey
Oh don't worry it works both ways, we laugh at your way round it too. Be indebted to your parents? For what, bringing you into this world? Not like you had a choice about it.

If you read his first one you'd see he wouldn't have a problem with it if she was asking and all, it's the not knowing that's the problem, that can cause fair problems when you can't ever know how much money you've got left in your account. See in the English culture we value politeness.

Nah dude. through my own observations of the society i live i can't help but notice these things, i don't mean it in a bad way either its just weird to me. and i dont get things like chucking your parents in a home and forgetting they even exist!
Reply 52
Nah dude. through my own observations of the society i live i can't help but notice these things, i don't mean it in a bad way either its just weird to me. and i dont get things like chucking your parents in a home and forgetting they even exist!

I've never actually heard of that happening anywhere out of a TV show.
Change your pin.
That's silly I agree, but you can't seriously believe that it's ok for her to take kids money without asking?

Yep i do agree that its only fair for her mum to ask, but OP has only mentioned half the story. I would really like to know how many times her mum had asked beforehand and i really doubt it the money was taken malicously or with intent to steal thats why a guaranDAMtee'd that her mum will giv it back.
I've never actually heard of that happening anywhere out of a TV show.

Pfft.. like that was really coming out of watching the TV. Dude, I work with the elderly
Original post by Jo2217
try going to the bank and changing your pin face to face, explain the situation, maybe using a sibling in place of your mum? You'll need some sort of identification when you do this, and calmly explain to our mum that you're sick of heer dipping into your money when you don't respect her account whilst she seems to abuse yours.

why blame a sibling when it was the mother who did it?
Doesn't a card get swallowed if the pin is entered wrong an 'x' number of times?

Cause that is what would happen if I did change it.

??

You change the PIN at an ATM machine and it's sorted, without having a letter sent.
Also, why do you leave your card lying around? hmm?

:parrot:

Nothing says love like stealin' your money :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Evil Monkey

Why do people on TSR always take an offensive generalised remark and return it with an offensive generalised remark, and feel like it's ok to do so?
The idiot that said that shouldn't have made some of those comments or phrased it that way but that doesn't make the culture laughable :angry:

It's not about being indebted. It's just that there's a more what's mine is yours ideal in that culture... I love and respect my parents to bits, so if I can give back when they're old and grey or if I know they need financial help I will because I can. I think it's the same in English culture just a different manner in the way you go about it... I don't know how to explain it but I've seen both sides and I don't think either is wrong- just different etiquette and ways of communicating(not sure that's the right word?) is all. :smile:

I think OP is being a bit harsh to throw a strop the way he is about his mum taking some cash. Clearly it's not the stealing that's the issue but the failure to communicate in a rational way. If anything, first and foremost she's his mum. He should be able to talk to her about it and then figure out a solution depending on how said discussion goes, not rant on TSR and whinge 'oh woe is me' but then not respond to any of the helpful suggestions other TSRians offer!
Yep i do agree that its only fair for her mum to ask, but OP has only mentioned half the story. I would really like to know how many times her mum had asked beforehand and i really doubt it the money was taken malicously or with intent to steal thats why a guaranDAMtee'd that her mum will giv it back.

I know someone who's mum frequently STEALS their belongings just because they are too lazy to go out and make the money themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending