The Student Room Group

Are woman unattracted to semi-camp guys?

I am straight however I feel like I am definitely a bit 'camp' (i think). Though tbh I'm not sure what camp is all about.

I ain't metro-sexual or one of them soppy 'nice-guys'. I don't have too many emotions and I wouldn't classify myself as a wimp but I get called camp by my female friends.

They say they feel 'comfortable' around me which makes me think that they see me as gay/female friend and not as a guy who makes them nervous or act girly.

I know girls are meant to act different around guys than they are with girls. I mean I get girls/pulls etc but girls I know over a certain period of time don't consider me manly (in my opinion).

I am average looking, like to dress smart but only seem to attract people on a superficial level and I think it is because girls are not attracted to camper guys. Girls I have been snogging on nights out etc say that I am attractive but people would look at me and just think i was gay. I am not offended by this (gay guys do look a bit more neater etc than straight ones so i'll take that as a compliment lol)

I'm sorry for over-analysing/being girly and posting this insecure thread. I'm thinking of just being fabulously camp and finding the female version of me.
Reply 1
how girly are you? like jack from will and grace?
Reply 2
Which woman exactly? :ninja:
Reply 3
Original post by spritzelme

Original post by spritzelme
how girly are you? like jack from will and grace?

I'd say I was more a Barney Stinson but I think that's just me disillusioning myself. A cross between Ross Geller and Blaine Anderson from Glee (http://glee.wikia.com/wiki/Blaine_Anderson)

Yes I watch Glee... :colone:
Reply 4
Original post by pooo
I'd say I was more a Barney Stinson but I think that's just me disillusioning myself. A cross between Ross Geller and Blaine Anderson from Glee (http://glee.wikia.com/wiki/Blaine_Anderson)

unfortunately I don't :/

ross isn't very girly, he's just kind of an awkward geek around girls.

as long as you're not flaming like jack, you have nothing to worry about.
Reply 5
Original post by pooo

You're more than camp mate. You are actually a raging homosexual!
Original post by pooo

You are now automatically a raging bum bandit.
Reply 7
Original post by pooo

Barney Stinson is a God, so If you are anything like him you are fine.
Girls are attracted to guys who are in touch with their sensitive side because it allows them to be more open and express their feelings for openly. However, they don't want their men to be crying over a soppy movie because we want a strong person.
Reply 9
not personally
Original post by pooo

I'm a girl and you'd have to pay me to watch Glee.
Reply 11
I had a friend that was totally flaming and i know a lot of girls that liked him he has a girlfriend thats totally smitten with him so dont worry about it.
I'm attracted to them.. but i'm not?
It's confusing, i'm even confusing myself writing this but I'll be attracted to a camp guy, or even just a really nice guy but then i'll be like "Nothing can happen he's too nice" but then it's like why is he too nice?! How can someone be too nice?!
I'm quite stupid really...
Reply 13
Not really, for a boyfriend i like a guy who's more masculine
Reply 14
Sorry.

I tend to prefer that my guys don't have a vagina.
Reply 15
Original post by ChocolateBrownie

Original post by ChocolateBrownie
Girls are attracted to guys who are in touch with their sensitive side because it allows them to be more open and express their feelings for openly. However, they don't want their men to be crying over a soppy movie because we want a strong person.

I have cried over a select few films :ashamed:

Original post by IlexBlue
Sorry.

I tend to prefer that my guys don't have a vagina.

I do not have a vagina. I find them attractive though :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending