The Student Room Group

will i get into trouble for this?

in health and relationships because of wanting to be anonymous. please delete if not possible.

Basically last April i was offered a job in a hospital as a bank room service assistant. I had been suffering with anxiety/eating disorders for some time and had passed up several job offers but felt at the time that i could manage this one. However, the process of getting the job went on for months, they paid for my CRB/uniform but I still hadn't started in July. I wasn't feeling too good so went home for the summer in early July. My employer then called to say I could begin training, and I missed several calls from him. I tried to return the calls to explain that I couldn't make it with no answer, so I left it because I was scared. I never heard from them since.

However I am now on a course and there is a chance I could be placed in the hospital in the next few weeks for placement, which is 5 weeks long. I have been worrying about this for so long, because I signed a contract and they paid CRB/uniform and don't know if I can get in trouble for not taking the job etc, but I have had bad anxiety. Does anyone know what the consequences could be?

Please help
Reply 1
Read your contract.
This isn't H&R

I don't think anything serious will come of it, maybe a bad chat but I don't expect much else
Reply 3
I think you need to talk to your should have been boss and explain and if you can't speak to him on the phone because you keep missing him i would say talk to him in person. Whatever happens im afraid they wont be impressed but if you explain your circumstances it may be better for you in the long run
Reply 4
I don't have the contract anymore :frown: what's the worst that can happen?
Offer to pay back the cost of the CRB? They might be annoyed at you wasting their time but at least they'll have their money back.
Original post by vicky_1234
Offer to pay back the cost of the CRB? They might be annoyed at you wasting their time but at least they'll have their money back.

But they'll know she's unreliable and probably a bad investment.
Reply 7
Original post by BackDoorEntry

I'm not trying to get the job back, I'm trying to apologise for what I did wrong :frown:

I wasn't suggesting they take her back as an employee, I mean just pay back the CRB so there's no bad blood.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not trying to get the job back, I'm trying to apologise for what I did wrong :frown:

Original post by vicky_1234
I wasn't suggesting they take her back as an employee, I mean just pay back the CRB so there's no bad blood.

Fair enough I misread that, sorry!

Well I guess its easier said than done but.. honesty is the best policy. Confront him don't let him confront you!
Fair enough I misread that, sorry!

Well I guess its easier said than done but.. honesty is the best policy. Confront him don't let him confront you!

No problem haha

And yeah I agree, if you don't confront them first you'll be constantly scared about running into him, just go in with your head held high and apologise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending