The Student Room Group

Women are now going for effeminate men.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rhinger
Why?

Because it is.

So you don't actually have a reason for believing it's effeminate?
Original post by Retrodiction
You realise that lager was originally designed as a woman's drink? Yet men drink it now and it wasn't designed with them in mind... Why not moan about that instead?

And I'm yet to hear you give a logical account of how it is inherently feminine to care about one's appearance. I'm not looking for a flippant response; I want to be taken through a logical argument that clearly leads to that conclusion.

It's okay, I don't have to answer to you, but whenever you see advertisements for straighteners it is extremely rare you ever see a man on the advert (if at all?) so the market is clearly for women. If men are seen using them it would inevitably appear effeminate. I'm not saying it's right, but it happens and you can't deny that.

Men can care for their appearance without using women's products you know, that's why there are products designed specifically with men in mind which women don't tend to use because they have their own things.

I'm not going to write you an essay on my opinion thank you very much, who do you think you are? A history teacher? :rolleyes: Stop getting so offended over something so trivial as hair straighteners.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by reisen

Original post by reisen
Do not understand that at all but they do seem to like "cute" things over there. Give me a hunk of a rugby pyoulayer any day! :P

What the hell was the neg for? explain yourself!

Think it was your generalisation of Japanese people ... tbf though it's probably a fair comment on Japan's modern culture
Reply 183
Original post by lilyrawstorne

Original post by lilyrawstorne
Think it was your generalisation of Japanese people ... tbf though it's probably a fair comment on Japan's modern culture

Hong Kong is not in Japan...
Original post by rhinger

Original post by rhinger
Hong Kong is not in Japan...

She wasn't talking about Hong Kong?
Reply 185
Original post by Mm_Minty

I don't think it's me you need to say this to, hun :wink:

It was my way of agreeing with you, it's pointless to try and argue with other people about it.
Reply 186
Omg different women like different things in men omg
Original post by Sorani
It was my way of agreeing with you, it's pointless to try and argue with other people about it.

Especially certain people on this forum :rofl:
Honestly, every time I see that little southpark avatar I can almost guarantee that the post linked to it will be rude and/or sexist in some way.
Yay for effeminate men!
Reply 189
Original post by Eveiebaby

Original post by Eveiebaby
Yay for effeminate men!

Having gone out more frequently as it's Easter, I have noticed that a great majority of effeminate men attract unattractive girls.

IMO, a girl only says she likes effeminate men to provide an excuse as to why she cannot attract studs.
Original post by rhinger
Having gone out more frequently as it's Easter, I have noticed that a great majority of effeminate men attract unattractive girls.

IMO, a girl only says she likes effeminate men to provide an excuse as to why she cannot attract studs.

:rolleyes:

You can get effeminate studs you know....I know plenty.
Also I have had a relationship with someone who looks muscly and built (if that's what you really mean). I was with him for some time and whilst he was a lovely person, I just wasnt physically THAT attracted to him. His personality, yes, but I didnt find him very pleasing to the eye.

I get mainly approached by men who are sturdily built and rarely by the men I find attractive, but on the occasion I do get approached by someone I like, I love it and seize the opportunity.

The guy I am in a relationship with now is athletic and works out, but he doesnt pump himself like to gorilla proportions. I think his body is ideal for me. Toned and lean but not bulky. Yum!

Stud is a horrible word. It doesnt say to me "loving" or "loyal" or "considerate". It just implies someone who is proud of shagging about and cheating on women. It's not exactly attractive for a woman of my age when I'm looking for someone to settle down with. If you think being a stud like that is a good thing, good for you. I want a man who respects women and treats them well at the same time knowing to **** my brains out and being able to keep up with me.

I'm very happy with what I have thanks.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending