The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I draw the line at the sex on period thing...lets all hope her didn't perform oral on you
Original post by petitflam
it isnt though, come back to me when you've given birth and tell me you still hang on to any shred of dignity after he's seen down the business end :wink:

how true.
but i still don't get it, my bf has seen me naked in various positions, has drawn me naked and if i ever give birth to his baby and he watches some of it, i think he'd consider it the most wonderful thing, you giving life and all that. what's all this dignity malarkey with some people is beyond me...
Reply 82
Original post by Anonymous
I used to be like you, ugh, disgusting, my bf was never freaked out by it, then we did it once, towel underneath, it was great, it can ease period pain afterwards and now i don't think it's disgusting at all. your attitudes can change you know. not saying you have to have sex whilst on your period, but it's certainly not disgusting.

I'm sure my opinion could change, as petitflam already mentioned, once you have had a child (which I have not) and your partner has watched you give birth you don't care as much at all. I just don't agree with the idea that a relationship is not proper/mature/fulfilling just because you choose not to have sex during your period, which is the opinion that some people seem to have.
Reply 83
Original post by georgia(:
Well I am quite defensive myself of people who think no relationship can be whole or proper unless you have sex on your period. That is an insane statement, in my opinion.
And I don't see how it is any different to anal (i don't remember mentioning anything about going to the toilet in public.. not quite sure how that links in to this conversation) some people think anal is fine and enjoyable, some people think it is wrong and disgusting. It is exactly the same as sex on a period, its a choice.

the thread is entitled 'peeing....in front of'. it was in response to that.

i didnt say that, you should read the post. some women get awfully bloated or whatever so if they didnt want to, that's fine but to not want to do it because it's unhygienic or because your boyfriend might be offended by menstrual fluids is misinformed and pretty immature at best.

it's totally different to anal...faeces come out of there. some peopke dont mind that, and that's cool but to say it's the same as sex during light flow period is not correct.
Reply 84

it's totally different to anal...faeces come out of there. some peopke dont mind that, and that's cool but to say it's the same as sex during light flow period is not correct.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the logic here.
Periods are perfectly natural, as are bowel movements. How is faeces any less 'sexy' than menstrual blood?
'Some people don't mind that, and thats cool' this is exactly my opinion on sex during period and yet I am wrong?
You can argue the difference all you like, but at the end of the day, they are both completely normal bodily functions and both something that is 'controversial' in the sense that some people disagree with it, some don't.
Reply 85
but to not want to do it because it's unhygienic or because your boyfriend might be offended by menstrual fluids is misinformed and pretty immature at best.

If a very small minority had the same opinion then maybe you would have a case for calling someone 'immature' because of it.

Oh and by the way, it isn't 'misinformed'. The term misinformed informs someone they are using facts or opinions based upon wrong ideas. The simple fact is that an opinion such as this cannot be misinformed, so maybe you should grab a dictionary and try to use words in a way that my 9 year old brother wouldnt laugh at.

But as it happens plenty of girls feel the same, read the thread, multiple girls have mentioned not wanting sex during their period.

Now i imagine your socially retarded or something, because only someone with real problems would try and say other people's opinions are wrong just because you have a different view.

I would like you to tell every woman in the country who doesnt have sex on their period that they are immature, because you'd be doing it for quite a long time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by georgia(:
I'm sorry, but I don't see the logic here.
Periods are perfectly natural, as are bowel movements. How is faeces any less 'sexy' than menstrual blood?
'Some people don't mind that, and thats cool' this is exactly my opinion on sex during period and yet I am wrong?
You can argue the difference all you like, but at the end of the day, they are both completely normal bodily functions and both something that is 'controversial' in the sense that some people disagree with it, some don't.

i cant bring myself to explain the difference between menstrual blood and faeces to you, honestly! :eek:

by purposefully deciding you wont have sex on your period purely for this reason youre creating some sort of hype that it's dirty and repulsive. i certainly dont feel dirty or repulsive on mine!
Lol when i read the title i thought you actually meant going out of your way to 'period' in front of your partner...
Sorry but it ends at sanitary towels/tampons. Burping/farting are normal and when you live together you get desensitized... But blood? Nah.
I did all this, bar perioding, in front of ex and he with me...after a couple of years. For me, it was just a symbol of how we had become too comfortable with each other, stopped making an effort and was the death knell for our relationship.

With current boyfriend would NEVER go to the loo in front of him, passed wind accidentally while on the verge of waking up (still cringe when I think about it and it was months ago) and would never ever dream of letting him see my sanitary items. Had sex while on my period but only by accident when I didn't realise it was coming.

Generally, I wouldn't have sex on my period unless it was at the end and v.light. I wouldn't want to have sex whilst bleeding heavily, too messy for my liking.
Reply 90
Original post by Tommyjw
If a very small minority had the same opinion then maybe you would have a case for calling someone 'immature' because of it.

Oh and by the way, it isn't 'misinformed'. The term misinformed informs someone they are using facts or opinions based upon wrong ideas. The simple fact is that an opinion such as this cannot be misinformed, so maybe you should grab a dictionary and try to use words in a way that my 9 year old brother wouldnt laugh at.

But as it happens plenty of girls feel the same, read the thread, multiple girls have mentioned not wanting sex during their period.

Now i imagine your socially retarded or something, because only someone with real problems would try and say other people's opinions are wrong just because you have a different view.

I would like you to tell every woman in the country who doesnt have sex on their period that they are immature, because you'd be doing it for quite a long time.

learn to read? i'd previously said that her saying it was unhygienic is misinformed. which it is.

maybe learn the grammar your 9 year old brother should know? your/you're confusion is less sexy than period blood.
Reply 91
learn to read? i'd previously said that her saying it was unhygienic is misinformed. which it is.

maybe learn the grammar your 9 year old brother should know? your/you're confusion is less sexy than period blood.

Well done for attempting to be a grammar nazi, whilst at the same time failing to use capital letters. Try harder next time you resort to commenting on it, then you won't look like such a fool :wink:

And well done for essentially ignoring the post, your debating skills are beyond belief.
Reply 92
i cant bring myself to explain the difference between menstrual blood and faeces to you, honestly! :eek:

by purposefully deciding you wont have sex on your period purely for this reason youre creating some sort of hype that it's dirty and repulsive. i certainly dont feel dirty or repulsive on mine!

At the end of the day, they are both the results of bodily functions. And its not as if women are pooing during anal sex.

I hardly think I am creating a 'hype', I'm simply expressing my opinion. Have I at any point told you you are 'wrong' for doing it? No. I am happy that you do not feel dirty or repulsive during your period. But the fact is, some people do (in reference to sex, anyway), doesn't mean they are wrong though. It is a difference of opinions.
Reply 93
so I'd like to ask what you think or how you act regarding these things.

I'm a girl, my bf would fart in front of me, I wouldn't have issues about peeing in front of him, we have had sex numerous times when I was on my period, ie he's seen sanitary towels half used (you know what I mean) as well and just generally discuss every tiny detail even regarding that if he asks..

are you the same or do/would these things gross you out?

I wouldn't care less lol. As long as we're happy together, we'd be dangerous.
If I had a gf that is haha.
so I'd like to ask what you think or how you act regarding these things.

I'm a girl, my bf would fart in front of me, I wouldn't have issues about peeing in front of him, we have had sex numerous times when I was on my period, ie he's seen sanitary towels half used (you know what I mean) as well and just generally discuss every tiny detail even regarding that if he asks..

are you the same or do/would these things gross you out?

Once you live together these things become normal, my boyf has always farted in front of me, we never had to pee in front of each other till we lived together and we only have one bathroom and if one of us needs to go while the other is in the shower then we do. Periods have never been a problem because I've been on the implant for 4 years and don't have them.
Reply 95
Original post by Tommyjw
Well done for attempting to be a grammar nazi, whilst at the same time failing to use capital letters. Try harder next time you resort to commenting on it, then you won't look like such a fool :wink:

And well done for essentially ignoring the post, your debating skills are beyond belief.

there was no point to your post apart from 'some other woman i heard doesnt like sex on her period so it must not be okay.' nice!

you tried to call me out for not knowing the definition of a word whilst using incredibly poor grammar 'skills'. i explained why i used that word.

the difference is, i know where the caps should go, you clearly don't know the difference between your/you're. good luck with that. :smile:
I don't understand why some girls are so against this. I fart all the time in front of my gf. I don't hold it in as it gets quite uncomfortable for me.

After a quick google search I have seen that apparently men and women fart the same amount of times so I really find it hard to understand why women hold it in. I mean aren't we all supposed to be equal these days ?

My gf and best friend never fart in front of me. It's ridiculous. I would never change my opinion of someone because of something so small. In my opinion what's the point ? You really think you are always going to feel that way ? After a few years together you'll just be shocked when your partner stops being so worried and does it all anyway. I really wish my gf was more comfortable around me, she can do anything she wants in front of me and I wont care, don't know why everyone is talking about "romance", if you're romantic relationship is based on a delusion that they don't do natural bodily functions well I'm sorry for you.

I could never be with a girl that found farts disgusting or something. If me farting in front of a girl anytime after a few weeks really affected what she thought about me then I could not be with her.

My gf's sister has Crohn's and if somehow my gf developed it as well I wouldn't care if she was going to the toilet every few hours. Maybe it's just me, I see my gf as a a human being and not some sort of idealistic image of what a person should be. The only times I have issues with farting is in confined spaces when you would just have to hold it in for a bit (lifts etc.) or when people are eating (I understand the smell could put people of food).
Reply 97
there was no point to your post apart from 'some other woman i heard doesnt like sex on her period so it must not be okay.' nice!

you tried to call me out for not knowing the definition of a word whilst using incredibly poor grammar 'skills'. i explained why i used that word.

the difference is, i know where the caps should go, you clearly don't know the difference between your/you're. good luck with that. :smile:

Yes, my main point was you calling someone wrong because they are of one opinion. Thus im trying to get it into your obviously already so full mind that many other people are of the same opinion thus you have no right to call someone 'wrong' for it.

Good luck with the inability to form any type of argument :smile:. Really, it's amazing, trying say someone is immature for having a certain opinion, an opinion that is widely known to be widely 'popular' .. it's really quite cute, bless, dropped on the head i guess?

I look forward to your next reply, probably try to comment on grammar or spelling again whilst still avoiding the main point. Should be fun, no?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by ma2k5
You know, this is very true. Even if the guy doesn't mind, once you get too comfortable with someone, you start to get intrigued by other girls and less interested in your gf. A bit like how married couples lose the "flair" in there relationship.

Personally, I dislike burps, farts and seeing them pee or sanitary towels, isn't what I have on my agenda.

This and Ilora-Danon :smile: I wouldn't fart freely in front of my boyfriend and if he started doing it I think I'd request that he stop! It's a sign that you don't feel the need to impress each other anymore in my eyes...dangerous :s-smilie:
Original post by nnnomi
oh god I read this as 'but he doesn't use tampons'

I hate my eyes playing tricks on me

I was worried by this too. It's outrageous to even suggest that a man doesn't use tampons :nooo:.

Latest

Trending

Trending