The Student Room Group

Is it ok to sunbathe topless if your neighbours can see into you garden?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well it's a bit awkward for them no doubt, if they see you..
pics?

we really need photographic evidence to say whether its ok or not
Reply 3
Yes!

Hippie-mode!
I do it, but only when I'm lying on my stomach. Tbh, even if I lay on my back,I'm so flat chested they'd assume I was a boy...
Reply 5
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
I do it, but only when I'm lying on my stomach. Tbh, even if I lay on my back,I'm so flat chested they'd assume I was a boy...

So true.
Only if I'm your neighbour :wink:
Reply 7
If you want to, go for it. If they ask you to stop, it would be polite to stop, but it's not illegal to be naked in public unless you're visibly aroused (i.e., have an erection). However, if enough people complain, you can get warned and advised to get dressed, and then if you refuse you can be issued an ASBO.
Reply 8
Boy I certainly wouldn't mind if you were my neighbour
If you are confident enough to do that. My parents garden has 10 ft high walls and I still wouldn't sunbathe topless although the previous owner told us his daughters did.
Reply 10
I sunbathed with my top off today but I am a guy, yet I feel funny about going out in public spaces wearing no top. I can only imagine how that would feel if you were a girl wanting to do the same.
I'm guessing it'd be an entirely different affair though.
When stood up, which I did do sometimes, if anyone was looking out of the kitchen windows, I would have been seen for sure.

In my garden though, I managed to fight up the courage even though we do live in a semi detached, and their are two neighbors either side.
I don't think anyone was out though, or saw out whilst I was there, but who knows.
I was out for around 2 hours, 30 minutes front, 30 minutes back, repeat.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by hippieglitter
I still wouldn't sunbathe topless although the previous owner told us his daughters did.

Da ****?
Reply 12
Original post by a_t
Da ****?

My thoughts exactly

"Oh just one last thing I'd like to tell you before you move in, my daughters are always sunbathing nakes in this garden... :sexface:"

:lolwut:

Admittedly I improvised a little with the sex face, but still...
More to the point, why the **** would you?
Reply 14
Depends whether you're fit or not.
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous

If you've got an adult attitude toward it, it's fine. If I saw a girl /woman sunbathing topless /nude next door, and it was just something she did, I'd just think she was sunbathing. If she seemed to be going out of her way to show her boobs off, I'd think she was a slut.
Yeah it's fine.
It's your garden. Your neighbours shouldn't be looking anyway.
Reply 18
Yes its okay :colone:
not if your neighbours are weirdos like mine and followed me to tesco once

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending