The Student Room Group

'Bring an object that best describes who you are'..?

What would YOU take?! This is for a customer service interview.
Reply 1
hmm for a customer service interview - maybe take a stressball? You can have an immense amount of pressure put on you, but you'll never break, you'll always bounce back, and you'll never, ever stop smiling!

Spoiler

Ok so it's a little lame.. but it's the best I could think of.

--

I would take a glass ornament. Pretty and delicate, but if you break me I with cut you a thousand times :colone:

Spoiler

However not so good for a customer service job.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Take nothing and say that it is ridiculous to try and describe yourself with an object.
Original post by Arcanine
Take nothing and say that it is ridiculous to try and describe yourself with an object.

This...^

Or take a butt plug
Reply 4
Original post by Mr_Velcro
hmm for a customer service interview - maybe take a stressball? You can have an immense amount of pressure put on you, but you'll never break, you'll always bounce back, and you'll never, ever stop smiling!

Spoiler

I think the stressball is a good idea. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by penguin-
I think the stressball is a good idea. :smile:

thank you everso much
Reply 6
I used to help run assessment centres like this - the stressball sounds good. Don't take something which you could have just had with you anyway such as mobile phone/book/watch/piece of jewellery etc because the interviewers will automatically assume you just forgot and used whatever you had on you. Don't use something which doesn't answer the question such as, 'this is a picture of your family'. It needs to be an object with characteristics that you can apply to yourself and it's more to do with these characteristics than it is about the actual item. You can bring in an amazing item but if you can't talk about how it describes you then it's useless!

Good luck.
Reply 7
A bottle of vodka. FML :frown:
Someone I know took paracetamol to one of those. Because it's fast and effective and whenever someone's not feeling too good, it'll help them perk up again... and some other rubbish like that :smile:
A morning after pill.
Reply 10
I would take a book.
I did this once, and I took my iPod because it's pretty much my life.
That was at Guide camp a few years ago, though... Not quite the same thing, is it?
Take a ruler. You're precise an flexible .In any situation you can be measured and calculating. But not too flexible that you'd break the rules. You could all so say you'll be the manager one day ie the ruler.
Original post by Fossilman
Take a ruler. You're precise an flexible .In any situation you can be measured and calculating. But not too flexible that you'd break the rules. You could all so say you'll be the manager one day ie the ruler.

wow
Reply 14
Mirror
A sketchbook

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending