The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any tips for new crew members?
Original post by APonderingMind

Just listen and don't take anything to heart, I had my first day on Friday and did so much wrong but just keep trying and you'll do fine. My trainer was really helpful with everything.
Reply 4262
Original post by APonderingMind

Take it easy during slow hours.
Talk to people and other crew members, it makes your shifts go by faster. Be as friendly as you can :smile:
If co workers yell at you during rush hours, yell back and stand up for yourself (don't fight with them though :smile: )
As my co worker said today:"It's a lot of hard work but a little bit of fun aswell."
Reply 4263
btw guys, I just found out that I need to book next monday off, do I do it via McTime or call the store (and if so, do I just call the normal store number?). I can't go in until thursday, feel like it's gonna be too late then, but I definitely can't work on monday..
Original post by Torrchy
btw guys, I just found out that I need to book next monday off, do I do it via McTime or call the store (and if so, do I just call the normal store number?). I can't go in until thursday, feel like it's gonna be too late then, but I definitely can't work on monday..

do both, has your schedule already been done?

If no, then do it through mctime and you should be fine, but i would ring the store as well and say ive done it through mctime too.

If yes, then your gonna have to try swap shifts with someone.
Reply 4265
Original post by SortYourLife
do both, has your schedule already been done?

If no, then do it through mctime and you should be fine, but i would ring the store as well and say ive done it through mctime too.

If yes, then your gonna have to try swap shifts with someone.

No, our next week shifts aren't done until sunday so I should be good. Do I go to the "requests" page and do it there? and does that qualify as unpaid leave or what?
thank youuu :smile:
Reply 4266
Is anyone elses McTime working yet? I want to know if the whole systems down... or just seems to be mine. When i click Mctime my internet goes "this page cannot be displayed" -.-
Reply 4267
Original post by Abby :)
Is anyone elses McTime working yet? I want to know if the whole systems down... or just seems to be mine. When i click Mctime my internet goes "this page cannot be displayed" -.-

Mine's currently working for the first time in about four days.
*printscreens the whole schedule* :colone:
I work as a mystery shopper for McD's I love it when they suck up to you :biggrin:
Reply 4269
Original post by Stacks
Mine's currently working for the first time in about four days.
*printscreens the whole schedule* :colone:

YESSS mines finally working too! THANK GOD. ahhaa havnt been able to go on it all week :frown:
Original post by Torrchy
No, our next week shifts aren't done until sunday so I should be good. Do I go to the "requests" page and do it there? and does that qualify as unpaid leave or what?
thank youuu :smile:

yeah :smile:

and i'd probably put holiday or unpaid im not sure :smile:
My Mctime is not working! :mad:

I really wanted to book time off for some days next week because something........unexpected came up, but now I don't think I'll be able to book them off in time :frown:

EDIT: Funny how when I just post this, it starts working again.

EDIT2: Ah great, not working again.. just fabulous.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by IGX_RSV2
My Mctime is not working! :mad:

I really wanted to book time off for some days next week because something........unexpected came up, but now I don't think I'll be able to book them off in time :frown:

EDIT: Funny how when I just post this, it starts working again.

EDIT2: Ah great, not working again.. just fabulous.

mine was like that for a few days... then it just started working fine :frown: so annoying !
anyone know who I'm meant to speak to get paid sorted? I just wanna get paid but dont think they have my bank details.... Who do I need to speak to/email? thank you :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4274
para pa pa pa, I'm hatin' it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaK_eVPLqZc
i think its more like bada ba ba ba... :P
My store got a gap report back at the weekend but failed to get 100% (got 92 I think) as the guy serving didn't say bye/enjoy your meal at the end. I thought getting all 5 stars taken off, not being allowed on the crew night out, any extra shifts and a warning a tad harsh...
Reply 4278
Was 21 pounds down today on my 3rd shift and got a verbal warning, feel so bad :frown: don't know how I managed it!
Original post by bronn
Was 21 pounds down today on my 3rd shift and got a verbal warning, feel so bad :frown: don't know how I managed it!

only your 3rd shift though, its expected :smile: i dont know how i manage it either :s-smilie: I'm never right :P but hey :smile: I've only done 3 shifts too! how far apart were yours? I did my first one, had my 2nd the next day, then my 3rd was 2 weeks after my 2nd :P

Latest

Trending

Trending